+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
I see there’s 10 ceremonies in April. I was told each ceremony can hold up to 90 new citizens. So there’s a capacity to cover up to 900..

I heard of people who were notified about their ceremonies while being interviewed. Some have notes on their files and knew about their dates by calling.. some received emails a few days after DM.

The probability game of might/might not catch it generate a hell of stress.

Hi Yes it so calm. No for me....

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
So calm in here. anyone from the people who had their test on Feb 15 got his/her oath invitation yet?[/QUOTE
Not for me either , I am not sure what Edm cic is doing as there are some oath ceremonies in April coming up

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
I see there’s 10 ceremonies in April. I was told each ceremony can hold up to 90 new citizens. So there’s a capacity to cover up to 900..

I heard of people who were notified about their ceremonies while being interviewed. Some have notes on their files and knew about their dates by calling.. some received emails a few days after DM.

The probability game of might/might not catch it generate a hell of stress.
So some of people who had their interview on 15 Feb. got oath date on the same day?

graphicalmanx

Sep 12, 2013
Hi Folks,

I need to get a few Passport stamps translated urgently. What would be a suitable (cheap) place to do that?
Thanks a lot in advance.

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
The cheapest is to translate the stamps yourself, get it reviewed by a friend, then go with your friend to a notary office to get the document notarized.

1- Photocopy all the pages that have stamps in your passport. 2- Prepare a document stating each stamp that needs translation. Make a simple format that states page number, where the stamp from, and on which date. 3- do that for all stamps that are not in English or French, even stamps prior to your residence in Canada.

The notary office will probably add a cover letter stating their info and the info of your friend (as a translator). They will both stamp and sign each page of the document.

It’s much cheaper than get it translated by a registered translator and it’s certainly acceptable by cic.

Hi Folks,

I need to get a few Passport stamps translated urgently. What would be a suitable (cheap) place to do that?
Thanks a lot in advance.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
The cheapest is to translate the stamps yourself, get it reviewed by a friend, then go with your friend to a notary office to get the document notarized.

1- Photocopy all the pages that have stamps in your passport. 2- Prepare a document stating each stamp that needs translation. Make a simple format that states page number, where the stamp from, and on which date. 3- do that for all stamps that are not in English or French, even stamps prior to your residence in Canada.

The notary office will probably add a cover letter stating their info and the info of your friend (as a translator). They will both stamp and sign each page of the document.

It’s much cheaper than get it translated by a registered translator and it’s certainly acceptable by cic.
@graphicalmanx do note that you are not allowed to have translations done by a family member ("parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or first cousin").

Interestingly enough the documents I can find do not forbid doing the translation yourself. Even so, I'd be hesitant to do the translation myself, considering they do not want people close to you to translate your documents (and that exclusion holds even if your family member is a certified translator).

You are allowed to have the translation done by a friend, but they must then provide an affidavit, as @wilkan points out ("An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the place where the affidavit is sworn, that the contents of the translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.").

If you have the translation done by a certified translator no affidavit is needed.

(Quotes come from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html ; there is similar information available in the Help Centre)

Reactions: wilkan

Asereht

Mar 27, 2018
Guys. Mine just changed to DM today. I did my test Jan 10th. I did my FP Jan 12 and received by cic vanocuver Jan 25. And now my ECAS changed to DM today
Are you the one who mailed the Fp redult to vanvouver?or the RCMP? Thanks

Asereht

Mar 27, 2018
Guys i have my oath invite feb 9
Here is my time line

Oct 12 - app sent
Oct 16 - app received
Nov 9 - aor
Nov 22 - In Process
Dec 20- FP request
Dec 21 - test invite
Jan 10 - test held
Jan 12 - FP done
Jan 25 - FP received by cic vancouver
Jan 31 - DM
Feb 9 - oath invite
Feb 27 - oath ceremony
Rcmp forwarded the FP result in vancouver? Or you are the one who mailed it.?thanks same boat

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Curious....Does anyone got Oath invite who passed test in last week of January month and DM on ecas ?? I do not know how much backlog is with edmonton office that they are not inviting for oath. I got DM since 01 Feb and no work pending but still waiting for oath

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Curious....Does anyone got Oath invite who passed test in last week of January month and DM on ecas ?? I do not know how much backlog is with edmonton office that they are not inviting for oath. I got DM since 01 Feb and no work pending but still waiting for oath
My ecas changed to DM on Feb 27 , haven't heard anything after that . Tired of checking inbox

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
I saw in this thread that some people who were tested in the last week on Feb and already got their oath invites. There is no obvious role as to how this works. If you call they say each application is different, which is understandable if the status is ‘in process’.. but absolutely weird if you already got your DM a while ago.