+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Outrageous!!!. Simply outrageous!!!!
Hope your disappointing experience with them end very soon.

I think you are right, It may have to do with the officer processing it. I am really happy for all of you guys getting your DMs from this edmonton. I have passed my test since May 2017, no DM, still in process. Everytime I call, same answer. I am extremelly fed up! I dont know why they are doing that. I asked the MP to help, No words yet, but initially they gave him same answer, awaiting clearances, whatever that means. Lets see what they say this time

pclaa.ca

Sep 28, 2017
I called CIC yesterday because I have not heard about my Oath Ceremony since Feb 13 after I completed my test. DM was next day. Anyway, the agent said I was scheduled for April 26 but that date was not completely official yet but for sure it was going to be in April. Feeling more hopeful after hearing that...

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Is the person who conducted the interview the same officer who will process our citizenship application until we receive our Oath Taking notice? If so then I think my approval will take longer than what I am expecting. I think the interviewer was having a bad day when I got interviewed. She zeroed in on a 1 day trip that I made to the US that I completely forgot about back in 2013 which was not on my travel list. I had 102 extra days over the required residency days. I answered all her questions and she said she will verify all my answers.

I think you are right, It may have to do with the officer processing it. I am really happy for all of you guys getting your DMs from this edmonton. I have passed my test since May 2017, no DM, still in process. Everytime I call, same answer. I am extremelly fed up! I dont know why they are doing that. I asked the MP to help, No words yet, but initially they gave him same answer, awaiting clearances, whatever that means. Lets see what they say this time

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Is the person who conducted the interview the same officer who will process our citizenship application until we receive our Oath Taking notice? If so then I think my approval will take longer than what I am expecting. I think the interviewer was having a bad day when I got interviewed. She zeroed in on a 1 day trip that I made to the US that I completely forgot about back in 2013 which was not on my travel list. I had 102 extra days over the required residency days. I answered all her questions and she said she will verify all my answers.
The person interviewing you may be the officer reviewing your application, but that is not always the case.

Even if it's the same person: there have been reports of people who had grumpy officers at the interview who focused on one or two missed short trips... and they still got DM a few days later. But the converse has also been true.

(One of the items that causes the most and the most unpredictable delays is the security check. If you don't know if that's complete it may end up not mattering that the reviewing officer was grumpy -- even if all your trips check out your file may be stuck, waiting for CSIS to finish their part).

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Apart from security check and cases still under process, how about some people who already got DM long ago but are still waiting for oath invitations while hearing about others who already got oath invites (although they sat for tests and got DM after them).

Common sense says approved applications should be placed in a common pool and invitations should go in a chronical order, but apparently it all depends on the one responsible of your application.

Being under the mercy of individuals (rather than a proper system) sucks.

Reactions: speedtex

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Thanks for the feedback. My application is still in process til now. I had my exam and interview on Feb 16. Hoping for the best!

The person interviewing you may be the officer reviewing your application, but that is not always the case.

Even if it's the same person: there have been reports of people who had grumpy officers at the interview who focused on one or two missed short trips... and they still got DM a few days later. But the converse has also been true.

(One of the items that causes the most and the most unpredictable delays is the security check. If you don't know if that's complete it may end up not mattering that the reviewing officer was grumpy -- even if all your trips check out your file may be stuck, waiting for CSIS to finish their part).

Reactions: speedtex

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
Apart from security check and cases still under process, how about some people who already got DM long ago but are still waiting for oath invitations while hearing about others who already got oath invites (although they sat for tests and got DM after them).

Common sense says approved applications should be placed in a common pool and invitations should go in a chronical order, but apparently it all depends on the one responsible of your application.

Being under the mercy of individuals (rather than a proper system) sucks.
Exactly. Test taken on 26th Feb / DM middle march has got oath invite but test taken 15th Feb and DM on 16th Feb still pending. This is exactly what you explained which shows there is no system at all....

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
That means I was in the same test as yours. I also got DM on Feb 16th.

There were 3 officers that day. Was she the young one who interviewed you?! There were two other relatively older officers. One sitting on the opposite side to the young one, while the other was sitting in the back of the hall.

Exactly. Test taken on 26th Feb / DM middle march has got oath invite but test taken 15th Feb and DM on 16th Feb still pending. This is exactly what you explained which shows there is no system at all....

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
That means I was in the same test as yours. I also got DM on Feb 16th.

There were 3 officers that day. Was she the young one who interviewed you?! There were two other relatively older officers. One sitting on the opposite side to the young one, while the other was sitting in the back of the hall.
I was interviewed with the older lady. She was sitting first to the right side of the room.