Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
zeem said:
Hello Friends !

We a family of 3 (2 Adults and 1 Infant) will be moving to Canada from Pakistan in Feb Inshallah.

I wanted to ask the following :

1/ Should we land in Edmonton directly ? or shall we land in Toranto and later move to Edmonton ?
2/ Will we be able to survive harsh winters ?

Please help us with your valueable suggesstions ?
Dear Brother..I landed directly in Edmonton and never regret on it.. regarding winter cant comment.. because it will be my first winter here IN SHA ALLAH

MHA.SA

Sep 20, 2014
zeem said:
Hello Friends !

We a family of 3 (2 Adults and 1 Infant) will be moving to Canada from Pakistan in Feb Inshallah.

I wanted to ask the following :

1/ Should we land in Edmonton directly ? or shall we land in Toranto and later move to Edmonton ?
2/ Will we be able to survive harsh winters ?

Please help us with your valueable suggesstions ?
AOA,

1- i suggest you should land in edmonton first, the reason i perceive is that if you land and make your sin card in edmonton (alberta) you can get your health coverage right from the first day,even if you get sin number from service canada at edmonton airport....while if you land in toranto (ontario) first then i perceive you have to have medical insurance until unless you do not get your medical coverage (i.e for 90 days), and you are the best judge while responsible for spouse and an cute infant.

2- when you have survived in very harsh living conditions in your home land (samjh tu aap gaye hogye hogay ) then i am pretty sure you have a very bright chances to have secure and brighter days even in 35 below freezing..if you warm up your family with your passion to struggle and to secure better days for your little one
:)

one day you will remember these words

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Already Submitted with documents
Med's Request
15/7/2013 (babys med 07-07-14), Spouse rescheduled for Medical :9-9-14
Med's Done....
30-7-2013, 7-7-14, 9-9-14
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 02-04-2014, PR2 29-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
Thankyou all of you for taking time to give me sincere advice , I have discussed with spouse and we are now thinking to land and hit edmonton directly Inshallah! :)

MHA.SA : YEs Bro, living without Electricity in Summers and Gas in Winters ! :p

now please help me

I don't know anyone around here in Edmonton,

1. Please just let me know names of good areas where i can find flats online ?
2. Or any online accommodation reservation
3. Besdies anyone subletting on this forum , i will be happy to contact !

Very Best Regards,
Zeem !

MHA.SA said:
AOA,

1- i suggest you should land in edmonton first, the reason i perceive is that if you land and make your sin card in edmonton (alberta) you can get your health coverage right from the first day,even if you get sin number from service canada at edmonton airport....while if you land in toranto (ontario) first then i perceive you have to have medical insurance until unless you do not get your medical coverage (i.e for 90 days), and you are the best judge while responsible for spouse and an cute infant.

2- when you have survived in very harsh living conditions in your home land (samjh tu aap gaye hogye hogay ) then i am pretty sure you have a very bright chances to have secure and brighter days even in 35 below freezing..if you warm up your family with your passion to struggle and to secure better days for your little one
:)

one day you will remember these words

MHA.SA

Sep 20, 2014
zeem said:
Thankyou all of you for taking time to give me sincere advice , I have discussed with spouse and we are now thinking to land and hit edmonton directly Inshallah! :)

MHA.SA : YEs Bro, living without Electricity in Summers and Gas in Winters ! :p

now please help me

I don't know anyone around here in Edmonton,

1. Please just let me know names of good areas where i can find flats online ?
2. Or any online accommodation reservation
3. Besdies anyone subletting on this forum , i will be happy to contact !

Very Best Regards,
Zeem !
Dear Zeem,

i have really no idea for Edmonton, actually no idea about all canada, as i have not landed yet, i will land in Calgary insha ALLAH soon,

Seniors on this forum can guide you in this regard.

one of my old class fellow landed in edmonton couple of years ago, i will try to find their contact if i can.

so when u are landing , from pakistan or guld, which flight, luggage allownce, price etc

because i will take Iceland airline insha ALLAH from Danmark-Iceland-Edmonton-Calgary....my first port of entry will be edmonton, so i will be grateful if you share your good experience,
and for me , i would follow the flag of my potential job, no matter it will b in edmonton or calgary or anyother in Alberta.
wishing for you good packing ;)

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
They will ask for Canada address to send your PR Card.

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
ttrajan said:
They will ask for Canada address to send your PR Card.
Oh yes! that means I will haev to arrange for an address... let me see if i can book the apartment earlier , otherwise i might need help from any forum member.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
zeem said:
Oh yes! that means I will haev to arrange for an address... let me see if i can book the apartment earlier , otherwise i might need help from any forum member.
u can update your address later

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
klmy said:
u can update your address later
AreN'T v suppose to give ad for PR at the airport ?

coolK

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
LANDED..........
jan. 2015 ( by the special grace of God)
Hello good people,
Pls can any one help in advising on how to get good, cheap and temporary accommodation that a family of two can stay on arrival (say a two three or four weeks deal) before getting another accommodation.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolK said:
Hello good people,
Pls can any one help in advising on how to get good, cheap and temporary accommodation that a family of two can stay on arrival (say a two three or four weeks deal) before getting another accommodation.
I found the following websites to be of assistance:

1. Edmonton.kijiji.ca - Not only for apartments and temporary sublets, but also for other items (very similar to ebayclassifieds in the US)
2. padmapper.ca - lots of options to narrow your choices AND shows the apartments in a map overlay so you can get a fair estimate of location.

Hope this helps.

We moved to Edmonton a year after living in Brandon, Manitoba, and padmapper was a HUGE help in locating apartments/townhomes and weighing options against commute to work. However, since our temporary accommodation was paid for by my employer, I cannot direct you immediately to cheap options. Decent, furnished places for a family go for around $100 a night.

You can, however, signup for airbnb and use that to locate some options. These are folks who are putting up rooms, condos or homes for rent - your mileage may vary in terms of cleanliness etc, but I used this service once in Vancouver and it was a much better option than getting a hotel with kitchenette.

I am staying in the Northeast part of town due to commute, but good neighborhoods here include Sherwood Park, and the southern parts of Edmonton which have a large population of Southeast Asians.

coolK

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
LANDED..........
jan. 2015 ( by the special grace of God)
fdk511 said:

1. Edmonton.kijiji.ca - Not only for apartments and temporary sublets, but also for other items (very similar to ebayclassifieds in the US)
2. padmapper.ca - lots of options to narrow your choices AND shows the apartments in a map overlay so you can get a fair estimate of location.

Hope this helps.

We moved to Edmonton a year after living in Brandon, Manitoba, and padmapper was a HUGE help in locating apartments/townhomes and weighing options against commute to work. However, since our temporary accommodation was paid for by my employer, I cannot direct you immediately to cheap options. Decent, furnished places for a family go for around $100 a night.

You can, however, signup for airbnb and use that to locate some options. These are folks who are putting up rooms, condos or homes for rent - your mileage may vary in terms of cleanliness etc, but I used this service once in Vancouver and it was a much better option than getting a hotel with kitchenette.

I am staying in the Northeast part of town due to commute, but good neighborhoods here include Sherwood Park, and the southern parts of Edmonton which have a large population of Southeast Asians.

Thanks so much, God bless you

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
fdk511 said:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and +1 for your detailed information .

I am also planning to land in Alberta by 2015 .

I would like to get suggestions regarding

1, Which is the first place of entry airport preferred in Alberta .We are a family of 5 ( with 3 small kids ) so please let us know your suggestion so that we can avoid too much land transport immediately after landing .
2, If we are travelling through Toronto transfer should we do all landing procedures in Toronto or we can wait till we reach final destination in Alberta ?
3 , Considering Extreme temperatures which is the best month to land ?
4, Is the medical coverage includes Pharmacy medicines or only Clinical expenses ?
5, Best place to search for Construction or OIL field Jobs ?
6, My landing destination in COPR - Novoscotia , but planning to land in Alberta for exploring more Job possibilities . Will this be an issue in Alberta at any later processing time ?

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering .

Jdn

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdn said:
Thanks and +1 for your detailed information .

I am also planning to land in Alberta by 2015 .

I would like to get suggestions regarding

1, Which is the first place of entry airport preferred in Alberta .We are a family of 5 ( with 3 small kids ) so please let us know your suggestion so that we can avoid too much land transport immediately after landing .

I am unclear from your question if you
a. have a city in mind where you wish to settle, but are only curious about if you should land somewhere else first and then travel
b. are looking for a city in Alberta which has a good public transport system.

If (a), I think either Edmonton or Calgary will serve your purposes equally well
I can't guide you much on b since I haven't used public transport in either city.

2, If we are travelling through Toronto transfer should we do all landing procedures in Toronto or we can wait till we reach final destination in Alberta ?

Sorry, don't have much experience in this, so don't want to misguide. I was given to understand that landing will be completed at first port of entry - you don't come across immigration officials when you are travelling via domestic flights within Canada. Some senior member can probably guide better.

3 , Considering Extreme temperatures which is the best month to land ?

Based on this year's temperatures in Edmonton, if you were to land between May and September, you will have some reasonable time to get around before preparing for Winter. The temperature started dipping below zero in November this year.

4, Is the medical coverage includes Pharmacy medicines or only Clinical expenses ?

Unfortunately, pharmacy medicines are not covered.

5, Best place to search for Construction or OIL field Jobs ?

Calgary consists of mostly corporate offices of EPC/O&G firms. Edmonton and Fort McMurray (referred to by locals as Fort Mc) should be the first areas of focus for these specific jobs. Other cities like Red Deer, Medicine Hat and Grand Prairie have some options as well.

6, My landing destination in COPR - Novoscotia , but planning to land in Alberta for exploring more Job possibilities . Will this be an issue in Alberta at any later processing time ?

I have insufficient knowledge to answer this question, since we landed in Toronto but moved to Brandon, Manitoba. BUT, my understanding at that time was moving to or landing at a different location than what was noted on COPR was not an issue if one was under the FSW category.

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering .

Jdn

qasim786

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Karachi
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/07/2014
Nomination.....
04/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
15/4/2015
Med's Done....
28/4/2015
Interview........
Waived (Third line updated on 15th May 2015)
Passport Req..
04th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
......In Sha Allah all on 23/10/2015
fdk511 said:

Hope this helps.

;