26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
Allspark said:
are we supposed to complete landing procedures at point of entry or final destination?
point of entry :)

Allspark

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2013, PER: 26-O8-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
03-12-2013, submitted 17-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM:15-02-2014, VISA ISSUE :12-02-2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
klmy said:
point of entry :)
so in ur case u have to complete formalities at montreal? asking coz i could not find any direct flight to edmonton. all have stops at calgary.

Allspark

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2013, PER: 26-O8-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
03-12-2013, submitted 17-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM:15-02-2014, VISA ISSUE :12-02-2014
LANDED..........
March 2014

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
Allspark said:
so in ur case u have to complete formalities at montreal? asking coz i could not find any direct flight to edmonton. all have stops at calgary.
yup...all formalities will be done at montreal

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I landed in Canada @ Calgary airport on 28 Dec, I took air Transat , it's so far one of the best flight I have ever taken.The service was excellent and it's cheaper as compare to most of the direct flights.

My flight landed half an hour before the schedule arrival time of 12pm, Temperature at Calgary was -14 and there was heavy snow outside, it took us 45 min in the queue to reach at CBSA desk where we have been asked very few and generic questions like where we are coming from after that we had been directed to the immigration room which was just situated behind the desks .

There were 7-8 people in the queue and an immigration officer was taking an average of 15-20 min per family. We were called at the counter and the guy behind the counter was very polite , I was curious as well as happy so was asking him a lot of questions rather than him asking me questions, he said he would love to live in London UK but he finds it very expensive , then we were discussing about the temperatures in Calgary and Edmonton also he mentioned that he got a house which cost around ...$ in Calgary. :D

While we were chatting he was also doing the paper work like filling the details in his computer , he cancelled all the visas as the visas are only single entry and he made us sign COPR after confirming that we were never involved in any crime. Whilst we were busy with the immigration there was a guy from the Air Transat came and he asked us if we came from London Gatwick and have 3 checked in baggage after confirming from us he brought all our baggage in the immigration room.

The landing formalities were done in 15 min , immigration officer didn't ask me any questions about funds or any stuff related to my federal skill visa though he asked me where I used to work in America when I told him that I lived in states for 2 years. The officer wished me best of luck and we walked towards the exit where two custom officials were sitting and all the travelers were handling them there custom declaration form that was filled in the flight by me and stamped twice , once by the CBSA officer at the generic immigration desk and the second stamp was done by the immigration officer in the immigration room.

I handed my custom form to one of the officer and as she allowed us to go outside without asking anything, I asked her that if we need to give a list of the stuff that we will be bringing with us next time as we are here only for 10 days , then she crossed on the section which was filled wrongly by me wherein states that if we will be having any unaccompanied goods following , I ticked at no , where as it should have been yes, we were directed to follow the red line marked on the floor , there were 2 custom official and I explained him that it's the first time I am landing and I may be bringing few stuff on my next visit , he asked me if we have the list and I said no then he said do we have serial number and model number of electronics , I said no, he said whatever information we have just put in the columns , he stamped the form and gave us a copy of it .

We went out and the time was 1:20 pm , all the things were done in much faster time than we expected.. It was very pleasant experience and I find the people at the airport very polite as well as helpful .

There is a Starbucks and Tim Horton coffee shops as soon as you come out and few ATMs as we still had 2.5 hours for the bus, we had a nice coffee from Tim Horton which is cheaper as we'll compare to Starbucks .

The journey to Edmonton in the bus was pleasant as well, the bus had the free wifi as well as very spacious seats and free coffee , tea, water and snacks for the journey.

It's been two days though am very happy to be here but can't go out as it's falling snow since last couple of days and freezing cold outside. The feedback I got from the people here that there are lots of opportunity in Edmonton as long as we can manage harsh winters of Edmonton.

BG2010

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
September 29, 2010
AOR Received.
January 14, 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the full document
Med's Request
July 2, 2013
Med's Done....
July, 2013
Passport Req..
July 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
Thanks for your informative post. Please keep sharing your experiences that will benefit us a lot particularly like me who is planning to land in Alberta by the end of April, 2014. Enjoy your time there.

BG

SandySurrey said:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I landed in Canada @ Calgary airport on 28 Dec, I took air Transat , it's so far one of the best flight I have ever taken.The service was excellent and it's cheaper as compare to most of the direct flights.

My flight landed half an hour before the schedule arrival time of 12pm, Temperature at Calgary was -14 and there was heavy snow outside, it took us 45 min in the queue to reach at CBSA desk where we have been asked very few and generic questions like where we are coming from after that we had been directed to the immigration room which was just situated behind the desks .

There were 7-8 people in the queue and an immigration officer was taking an average of 15-20 min per family. We were called at the counter and the guy behind the counter was very polite , I was curious as well as happy so was asking him a lot of questions rather than him asking me questions, he said he would love to live in London UK but he finds it very expensive , then we were discussing about the temperatures in Calgary and Edmonton also he mentioned that he got a house which cost around ...$ in Calgary. :D

While we were chatting he was also doing the paper work like filling the details in his computer , he cancelled all the visas as the visas are only single entry and he made us sign COPR after confirming that we were never involved in any crime. Whilst we were busy with the immigration there was a guy from the Air Transat came and he asked us if we came from London Gatwick and have 3 checked in baggage after confirming from us he brought all our baggage in the immigration room.

The landing formalities were done in 15 min , immigration officer didn't ask me any questions about funds or any stuff related to my federal skill visa though he asked me where I used to work in America when I told him that I lived in states for 2 years. The officer wished me best of luck and we walked towards the exit where two custom officials were sitting and all the travelers were handling them there custom declaration form that was filled in the flight by me and stamped twice , once by the CBSA officer at the generic immigration desk and the second stamp was done by the immigration officer in the immigration room.

I handed my custom form to one of the officer and as she allowed us to go outside without asking anything, I asked her that if we need to give a list of the stuff that we will be bringing with us next time as we are here only for 10 days , then she crossed on the section which was filled wrongly by me wherein states that if we will be having any unaccompanied goods following , I ticked at no , where as it should have been yes, we were directed to follow the red line marked on the floor , there were 2 custom official and I explained him that it's the first time I am landing and I may be bringing few stuff on my next visit , he asked me if we have the list and I said no then he said do we have serial number and model number of electronics , I said no, he said whatever information we have just put in the columns , he stamped the form and gave us a copy of it .

We went out and the time was 1:20 pm , all the things were done in much faster time than we expected.. It was very pleasant experience and I find the people at the airport very polite as well as helpful .

There is a Starbucks and Tim Horton coffee shops as soon as you come out and few ATMs as we still had 2.5 hours for the bus, we had a nice coffee from Tim Horton which is cheaper as we'll compare to Starbucks .

The journey to Edmonton in the bus was pleasant as well, the bus had the free wifi as well as very spacious seats and free coffee , tea, water and snacks for the journey.

It's been two days though am very happy to be here but can't go out as it's falling snow since last couple of days and freezing cold outside. The feedback I got from the people here that there are lots of opportunity in Edmonton as long as we can manage harsh winters of Edmonton.

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
@sandysurrey,
Thanks for your Informative post and all the best for your future.
As I am also edmonton bound,curious to know few things.Why to choose Calgary airport and not Edmonton Airport?Other thing is which Bus connection?Which service?How to get it?How to book it?
Regards
Edmonta

Mrs.Faisal

Oct 4, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2,2013
Nomination.....
December 23,2013
Med's Request
JUNE 10,2014
Med's Done....
JUNE 26,2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 Feb10,2015 PPR2 Feb 17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 21,2015
LANDED..........
30 May 2015
SandySurrey said:
Hi All,

thanks alot for such nice exolaination

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
SandySurrey said:
Hi All,

nice write up, and congrats for smooth landing, but i guess telling the officer that you are here for ten days was not wise. Anyways enjoy the chill :)

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Happy New Year to all who are already in Canada and Especially to those who are in process to come in Aberta. May your wishes come true.

Afewgoodmen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
22/09/2011
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
08/11/2013 & 31/12/2013 (son)
Med's Done....
13/11/2013 & 08/01/2014 (son)
Interview........
Waived IJMN
Passport Req..
15th January 2014 (But did not get to see it until March 11th 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 13th March 2014 Visa issued 20 March 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014 by God's Grace!
SandySurrey said:
Hi All,

Congratulations, Boss. We all wish to be like you and with you in Alberta. All the best. Please do keep in touch!

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
edmonta said:
@ sandysurrey,
Thanks for your Informative post and all the best for your future.
As I am also edmonton bound,curious to know few things.
Why to choose Calgary airport and not Edmonton Airport?
Tickets to Calgary are cheaper as compare to Edmonton , May be the reason that Calgary has more flights than Edmonton

Other thing is which Bus connection?Which service?How to get it?How to book it?
I booked it online, I booked Redarrow expensive then greyhound but the seats are comfortable only 3 seats in a row, free wifi, movie, inbuilt washroom, free snacks, free coffee/ tea and water.
Regards
Edmonta

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
@sandysurey,
Thanks for your reply.
Few more questions:
1)Air transat doesnt have any flights from India,Do they?
2) Is this red arrow transport is having air port pick up or far from calgary airport?
Regards,
Edmonta