+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton, Alberta settlers Join here

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
rafia,

PM me a month before your arrival in Edmonton. I will try to guide you as much as I can as I moved from USA to Edmonton in Oct'12.

moe2011

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2011
Med's Request
20/07/2011
Passport Req..
15/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
guys i have already posted in the main forum but worth also to ask in this thread,

i am moving to edmonton on april 2013. and we are a family of 2 and i need to know how much minimum we need per month to survive to cover all general expenses (rent, utilities, car insurance and fuel, food and market)

thanks

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
as we are slowly settling in Edmonton, this city is good population is less and snow every where, but with good heating facilities. we just have hired a flat in edmonton near to my kids school area and a bus stop. you need to do lot of things before coming here. you can to to a property dealer as property dealer are responsible for only one or two flates not all area, flat rent ranges are

1000 to 1300 CAD excluding Electricity and Phone, internet, cable which almost costs 150 CAD. AND HOUSES ARE FOR 1200 TO 2500 CAD. I will send you a hotel address as last night i went to met some one there which was cheap. and clean for 35 CAD a night. we gota flat for 1125 +85+50

although we brought many clothing for kids and our selves but keeping in view of many discounts offered by many big stores there is no much difference. so bring some for kids and your self for one month. houses are fully heated so no need to bring blankets or other stuff. you can get things from peoples who are moving to other places. we got good and reasonable things from an Arab lady. from bed to car.

there are three areas north, south and west. mostly Asian are in south region. so all depend on your preferences. we are in north. not with desi peoples. some arab and all local people are here. if you need any specific information please let me know.

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Dear Umair,
Thanks for sharing such valuable information.
Although I’ll be landing in Toronto by mid-March 2013 but have a B plan for Alberta if things not goes well there by end of June 2013.
My NOC is 0213, Information Technology. I would be great if you also share about your job market and recruiters information.
Regards-Amjad

Umair said:
as we are slowly settling in Edmonton, this city is good population is less and snow every where, but with good heating facilities. we just have hired a flat in edmonton near to my kids school area and a bus stop. you need to do lot of things before coming here. you can to to a property dealer as property dealer are responsible for only one or two flates not all area, flat rent ranges are

1000 to 1300 CAD excluding Electricity and Phone, internet, cable which almost costs 150 CAD. AND HOUSES ARE FOR 1200 TO 2500 CAD. I will send you a hotel address as last night i went to met some one there which was cheap. and clean for 35 CAD a night. we gota flat for 1125 +85+50

although we brought many clothing for kids and our selves but keeping in view of many discounts offered by many big stores there is no much difference. so bring some for kids and your self for one month. houses are fully heated so no need to bring blankets or other stuff. you can get things from peoples who are moving to other places. we got good and reasonable things from an Arab lady. from bed to car.

there are three areas north, south and west. mostly Asian are in south region. so all depend on your preferences. we are in north. not with desi peoples. some arab and all local people are here. if you need any specific information please let me know.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Hi Umair, please also include prospects for NOC 1111 in Edmonton as i guess you are from the same profession. Specifically would appreciate if you can talk about chartered accountance and ACCAs from Pakistan. Your help is much appreciated :)

Umair said:

amjpk said:
Dear Umair,
Thanks for sharing such valuable information.
Although I'll be landing in Toronto by mid-March 2013 but have a B plan for Alberta if things not goes well there by end of June 2013.
My NOC is 0213, Information Technology. I would be great if you also share about your job market and recruiters information.
Regards-Amjad

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
must visit here foe edmonton

http://www.norquest.ca/NorquestCollege/media/pdf/programs/2013-2014/language-instruction-for-newcomers-to-canada.pdf

Fuad Mali

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2011
AOR Received.
1/6/2011
File Transfer...
1/7/2011
Med's Request
18/10/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2012
Passport Req..
14/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM with canadian address 17/1/2013
LANDED..........
Aug 2013
Umair wish u a prosperous life in canada

I will be moving to Edmonton on 1st week Of August permanently from UAE, my POE will be Toronto as I will be flying via Etihad.

I would appreciate if u could guide me how to find temporary accommodation in the first couple of weeks with reasonable price. We r a family of 3 (my wife and son). Also the area where you found your flat, coz it sounds good.

Could u share your experience of the place so far, that would be highly appreciated.

rafia

Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
NOC Code......
4131, 2113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2009
Doc's Request.
July 2009
IELTS Request
sent with original documents
File Transfer...
File transfer to London June 2010...
Med's Done....
23 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
PPR 1-----16-11-2012 PPR 2 6th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
soon InshaAllah
Rank2010 said:
rafia,

PM me a month before your arrival in Edmonton. I will try to guide you as much as I can as I moved from USA to Edmonton in Oct'12.
hello Rank 2010,

Hope you are doing well. I sent you a PM...do check and let me know.

Regards

Rafia

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all

I got few questios as i am preparing for our first landing to canada insha ALLAH,i am planning to settle in calgary but i couldnt find direct fright from abu dhabi to calgary,the only one i found is by ettihad airways from abu dhabi to toronto,mynquestios are

1- as i will be landing in toronto insha ALLAH,so that will be my first poe,and will make my record of landind ,sumbitting my copr then apply for pr card with calgary address....will i pick up my pr cards from calgary or toronto.?

2- i dont have onword ticket to calgary,was planning to get onevright after i finish landing in toronto,will that creat problems.

3- if i find flghtbto calgary,and again the immigration ofgicer theor asks me for pr documents what shall i present to,since i gave copr to toronto officer.

4- any idea about fare of flights between toronto to calgary and duration of flight plz....anynidea about trains as well.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramzy2277 said:
Hi all

I got few questios as i am preparing for our first landing to canada insha ALLAH,i am planning to settle in calgary but i couldnt find direct fright from abu dhabi to calgary,the only one i found is by ettihad airways from abu dhabi to toronto,mynquestios are

1- as i will be landing in toronto insha ALLAH,so that will be my first poe,and will make my record of landind ,sumbitting my copr then apply for pr card with calgary address....will i pick up my pr cards from calgary or toronto.?

2- i dont have onword ticket to calgary,was planning to get onevright after i finish landing in toronto,will that creat problems.

3- if i find flghtbto calgary,and again the immigration ofgicer theor asks me for pr documents what shall i present to,since i gave copr to toronto officer.

4- any idea about fare of flights between toronto to calgary and duration of flight plz....anynidea about trains as well.

check living in Alberta section

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

lots of information. Can add more if you need anything

Regards
Chandra

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
emceemouli said:
check living in Alberta section

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

lots of information. Can add more if you need anything

Regards
Chandra
Thanks alot chandra,plz add ....its very important to collevt as much info as i could

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Hello Umair and all others who are already in Edmonton,

Why not we have a get together and form a team so that we could help all new comers to settle down without much difficulty? I live in Leduc very close to the airport.

Cheers

Rank 2010

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am planning to come to calgary by 18 of may insha ALLAH,i want to know how find furnished single bedroom with hall,for two months rent in nice area......and how much the rent might be....i am not looking for fancy thing just basic and clean for a couple with infant.

Thanks