+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton, Alberta settlers Join here

July2013

May 21, 2012
Hi cool guy. . my apology coz I keep on mentioning ministry of Finance. . it should be "MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS"

again sorry for the confusion. . .

July2013 said:
I used the metro and get off at "Emirates station" (red line) RTA is exactly on the left side (DO NOT GO TO RTA Headquatrers as the certification is issued in the RTA "old building") go to the reception and they will give you the number. . .make sure to have a photocopy of your driver's license (back/front), passport and visa copy (they did not asked me for original passport). Certificate will be provided to you in 10 to 15 minutes. . .

I dont know if it is mandatory to have it attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. . but i did mine any way and got it attested within 1 hour. .

If ur interested to have it attested. . . you can ride the metro from Emirates Station (after getting RTA certificate) and get off at the Burjuman station . . Ministry of Finance is 8 to 10 minutes walk from the station. . once you enter the building they will guide to pay AED 155 (have the exact amount - the line is long and sometimes they do not have changed) to the cashier before they give you number. .. after waiting for your turn it will take only 3 minutes to have it attested. . .

I always used the metro coz sometimes its hard to find parking around RTA and Ministry of Finance area. . .the only problem is that you will sweat alot due to the current weather. .

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Thanks a lot july2013

July2013 said:
I used the metro and get off at "Emirates station" (red line) RTA is exactly on the left side (DO NOT GO TO RTA Headquatrers as the certification is issued in the RTA "old building") go to the reception and they will give you the number. . .make sure to have a photocopy of your driver's license (back/front), passport and visa copy (they did not asked me for original passport). Certificate will be provided to you in 10 to 15 minutes. . .

I dont know if it is mandatory to have it attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. . but i did mine any way and got it attested within 1 hour. .

If ur interested to have it attested. . . you can ride the metro from Emirates Station (after getting RTA certificate) and get off at the Burjuman station . . Ministry of Finance is 8 to 10 minutes walk from the station. . once you enter the building they will guide to pay AED 155 (have the exact amount - the line is long and sometimes they do not have changed) to the cashier before they give you number. .. after waiting for your turn it will take only 3 minutes to have it attested. . .

I always used the metro coz sometimes its hard to find parking around RTA and Ministry of Finance area. . .the only problem is that you will sweat alot due to the current weather. .

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
July2013 said:
Hi Thommo

I got today the experince letter from RTA (2 pages)and the ministry of foreign affairs have it attested in the 1st page. . I really hope we will not be requied to send it to UAE Embassy (in Ottawa) for further attestation. . .

THANKS Man! :D
Even i hope for the same. Aren't embassies just the representatives of a country's Min. Of Foreign Affairs?

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
prospective said:
For bank account, would not i need SIN to open a bank account? Thanks for the suggestion of RBC bank. I also need your suggestion about phone, cable etc
Go at registry office SIN no will be issued with in an hour you can use that every where you wanted so go to registery office first to get SIN it is very easy and people are friendly just take all documents with you (passport, COPR Landing papers, etc. ) you will get an letter wherein all necessary information will me bentioned including SIN no . card will arrive at your address after 40 days.

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
prospective said:
I have heard that renting an apartment is difficult for new immigrants as landlords ask for credit history etc. What would you say about that?
[/quot

Yes they ask, for credit history or bank statement showing sufficient fund for 6 to 8 months rent can be paid. or any friend or relative who can counter sign as grunter.

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Umair said:
Go at registry office SIN no will be issued with in an hour you can use that every where you wanted so go to registery office first to get SIN it is very easy and people are friendly just take all documents with you (passport, COPR Landing papers, etc. ) you will get an letter wherein all necessary information will me bentioned including SIN no . card will arrive at your address after 40 days.
Thanks for this info. So SIN # is important for bank account?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Eveyone,

I and my husband going to land in August in calgary........Anyone who is going to land in Calgary?

--- if i purchase warm clothes from Calgary will it be ok? as i have to buy new one, same is case with Laptop, Mobile.

--- If anyone have the list prepared of things to be carry along then pls mail me in nil_september@yahoo.com which will be more more useful for me.

--- I should take medical Insurance from India or Calgary?

--- Is it necessary to take luggage insurance?

--- is it possible that can i open an account from India and deposit money, if yes then in which bank should i open an account? (ICICI, Axis, Kotak Bank, HDFC, IDBI, SBI, BOB etc etc)

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello MKMISHRA,

U r from India? if yes then from which part? I am From Gujarat (INDIA)

I am also NOC 4131 and going to land in August in calgary, I am going to land with my Husband. If u have list ready of the things to be taken along with us then pls can u mail me in nil_september@yahoo.com.

Have u find the house? or going to live in Hotel? pls share ur experience after u reach so that it will be helpful to me.

Thanks

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
Umair said:
prospective said:
I have heard that renting an apartment is difficult for new immigrants as landlords ask for credit history etc. What would you say about that?
[/quot
Yes they ask, for credit history or bank statement showing sufficient fund for 6 to 8 months rent can be paid. or any friend or relative who can counter sign as grunter

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Can you give suggestions on areas to live in Edmonton assuming we won't have a vehicle for first few months and thus would need the public transport and supermarket accessible?

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
https://www.facebook.com/CDICollege?hc_location=stream

i got this link as suggested pages on facebook thought anyone could follow it for information..

like this page on facebook to get news on education and job market

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
sonea said:
https://www.facebook.com/CDICollege?hc_location=stream

i got this link as suggested pages on facebook thought anyone could follow it for information..

like this page on facebook to get news on education and job market
Well I do not have intentions to prove you wrong but cannot stop myself from commenting about CDI college.CDI is NOT considered a reputed school here ,going there will be just wastage of time n money.Same is the case with Reeves College .They are just businesses trying to lure and cheat innocent people especially immigrants,who CANNOT or DO NOT get admission to reputed Public Schools.

My advice will be to go ONLY for reputed schools ,even if they are difficult to get in.Colleges like CDI ,Reeves are paying a lot for these baiting Facebooks ads.You might find similar type of ad by Reeves regarding getting paid at 26$ /hr after completing their 10 months diploma prog. in Accounting & Payroll ,which costs more than 18K$. One of my friend has a very bad experience in this regard.

For details plz visit the following links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acVOFOjZMqc

http://www.reviewopedia.com/cdi-college-reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryFq3phK91A

Thanks

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
informatics said:
Well I do not have intentions to prove you wrong but cannot stop myself from commenting about CDI college.CDI is NOT considered a reputed school here ,going there will be just wastage of time n money.Same is the case with Reeves College .They are just businesses trying to lure and cheat innocent people especially immigrants,who CANNOT or DO NOT get admission to reputed Public Schools.

My advice will be to go ONLY for reputed schools ,even if they are difficult to get in.Colleges like CDI ,Reeves are paying a lot for these baiting Facebooks ads.You might find similar type of ad by Reeves regarding getting paid at 26$ /hr after completing their 10 months diploma prog. in Accounting & Payroll ,which costs more than 18K$. One of my friend has a very bad experience in this regard.

Thanks
thanks for the information actually it was just my facebook page suggestion so i went on this page and they had some news about career fairs and future job prospects in some fields so i recommended only to follow the news they have about job market and similar information .. although i didn't know if this college was a for-profit university

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
sonea said:
thanks for the information actually it was just my facebook page suggestion so i went on this page and they had some news about career fairs and future job prospects in some fields so i recommended only to follow the news they have about job market and similar information .. although i didn't know if this college was a for-profit university
No problem sonea,you are welcome!

Infact their ads are really luring and fascinating especially for people like us who are new to this country.Its hard to differentiate b/w reputed schools and these type of diploma mills.We all are here to help each other and share our experiences.And infact,thank you for bringing this page at this forum ,as in this way many people will come to know about these schools :D.

Thanks

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
informatics said:

Thanks
I've posted your reviews link on their Facebook page .. lets see what they have to say about it :)