+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edited or fake covid vaccination document while arriving?

esqart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
I got a vaccine that is not accepted by Canada border. So I will have to do the mandatory quarantine when I come back to Canada.

I'm thinking of editing the text where it says the vaccine type, and removing the QR code from the vaccination document.

How risky is this maneuver? Has anyone pulled off something like this? How common are people who do these get caught? 1%? 10%? 100%?

Examples of behaviour that could result in the $5000 fine
  • Presenting fake documents (for example, fake proof of a COVID-19 test result) upon arrival in Canada

• Wow
Reactions: YVR123

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a vaccine that is not accepted by Canada border. So I will have to do the mandatory quarantine when I come back to Canada.

I'm thinking of editing the text where it says the vaccine type, and removing the QR code from the vaccination document.

How risky is this maneuver? Has anyone pulled off something like this? How common are people who do these get caught? 1%? 10%? 100%?
Please don't do that. No one here is going to encourage you to do that. You just have to stay at home for few days.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Jesus H Christ , the hair brained things people think of doing on here is BEYOND amazing .
Adding you have a Masters Degree in Software Engineering , so obviously educated , but zero ethics. Zilch
What is wrong with you ? Seriously?
Once again , what in gods name is wrong with you ?
People have died during this pandemic

Last edited:

esqart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Jesus H Christ , the hair brained things people think of doing on here is BEYOND amazing .
Adding you have a Masters Degree in Software Engineering , so obviously educated , but zero ethics. Zilch
What is wrong with you ? Seriously?
Once again , what in gods name is wrong with you ?
People have died during this pandemic
I got a vaccine

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

What you are doing is illegal. You should NOT do it. None of us has done any thing like this and none of us know what the risks are. There is no known data. It is not a "maneuver", it is called a crime. There are penalties for crime.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

As others have mentioned this is a crime. You could end up with a very huge fine plus be refused entry.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018

Hi - I have a personal recollection of a traveller being detained at the Port of Entry (his identity documents were suspicious). He was transferred for the night to the Remand Centre to be interviewed more extensively the next day.

The next day he was lined up for his morning coffee and a regular, run of the mill Canadian criminal decided that he didn't care for him and he threw an entire pot of hot coffee in his face. Not satisfied, he then used the metal carafe to beat his head in.

Funny thing is, his documents turned out to be ok. Oops! Back then some nations produced passports that were less than convincing while still legitimate.

Happy trails with your risky, criminal behaviour and hey, if you end up in a jail with good old Canadian criminals, just mind your manners and stare at the floor. They're just not as progressive as the rest of the population. Maybe they'll find you too cute to resist.

Reactions: esqart

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

The penalty for this is a large fine and possibly more serious charges. This would be a very stupid thing to do.

And people like to think that the border officers are not informed - they know how to use the internet, too, as well as having their own internal sources (incl information shared with other law enforcement agencies).

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think others have said enough.

Also something more personal. If you got criminally charge because of this, you may have problem with citizenship application.

I don't understand why you think that's a "minor edit".
Changing the type of vaccine is MAJOR. Do not commit this crime.

esqart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks guys, I'll post my original vaccination document and hope the border official misreads it, or decides to accept it. But I'll download some movies to watch for my expected quarantine :)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks guys, I'll post my original vaccination document and hope the border official misreads it, or decides to accept it. But I'll download some movies to watch for my expected quarantine :)
Just quarantine. With internet access, you can even work from home. I am home most of the time and I am not even under quarantine (get grocery and food delivery, work, exercise in the yard...etc) . LOL

If your vaccination isn't one of the approved ones, don't even try to give them the card. Fill in the ARRIVECAN app with true information.

I think you understand the word misreprensentation. It includes not giving out the whole truth or misleading the truth.