+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCOPR has a mistake. Should I wait for PR card to arrive in mail before requesting an amendment?


Aug 30, 2021
I just got my eCOPR card and there is a mistake. It does not list any dependents though I have two children. They are already Canadian citizens. My question is - if I submit a request to amend ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html ) will this delay the mailing of my PR card?

I understand the amendment process takes 6 months. Is there any downside to waiting for the pr card to arrive first prior to submitting the amendment request?

Many thanks for any advice!

Muhammed m

Jun 6, 2020
You do not have any dependents that applied to be prs, which sense is relevant here.

No nee3 to change amything.
I have incomplete spouse name in ecopr. So replied to my immigration officer. And officer ask ask me to fill amendment form. So If I do amendment, will that affect my Pr card?