+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS vs GCKEY vs NEW PR TRACKER TOOL

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hey all,

So just wondering, which is the most accurate and fastest to update? Is it the new tracker tool or ecas? I cannot tell honestly since no updates on either.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
A lot of people say the new tracker. In my case, the GCKey always has updates a day before the new tracker does. I think it's a roll of the dice. I just always check both. I applied online, so ECAS doesn't apply to me.

Reactions: Flyingfast

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone,
Can someone provide a brief overview of what's the difference between the three tracking methods (ECAS vs GCKEY vs NEW PR TRACKER TOOL)? If all of these provide the same information, why are there so many options? o_O

I didn't find this discussed anywhere, so if it has been already been done, please point me in the right direction.

hoahoa

Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone,
Can someone provide a brief overview of what's the difference between the three tracking methods (ECAS vs GCKEY vs NEW PR TRACKER TOOL)? If all of these provide the same information, why are there so many options? o_O

I didn't find this discussed anywhere, so if it has been already been done, please point me in the right direction.
I think the new PR family class tracker has more updated information than the gckey. For example, I recieived the pre arrival service letter, the new tracker shows the eligibility and background check completed as well as information like they received our enquiries via webform. While the gckey only shows the application is in progress without the details.

velenciaang

Nov 25, 2016
So, do ECAS and the New PR tracker provide the same info for paper applicants?
I haven't seen the New PR tracker yet (waiting for AOR) so can't tell how different or same it is from ECAS.

But I think they both might display the same info for a paper application. As the PR tracker is new it might just display the info more aesthetically.

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
The new tracker has the detailed information and usually updated faster than gc key. Gc key has limited information and used by the agents to communicate with you like uploading any required documents etc. Ecas has the least information of them all.
I usually use all 3 as the rate and frequency of updates vary. Don't want to miss an update. But on a daily basis I check the new tracker as it always seems to be up to date with new info.

Portgas D. Ace

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
The new tracker has the detailed information and usually updated faster than gc key. Gc key has limited information and used by the agents to communicate with you like uploading any required documents etc. Ecas has the least information of them all.
I usually use all 3 as the rate and frequency of updates vary. Don't want to miss an update. But on a daily basis I check the new tracker as it always seems to be up to date with new info.
Hi we submitted our application on December 6,2021 and we received the pre-arrival letter on June 1,2022 and we are still waiting for COPR/ PPR our VO SYDNEY
I couldn't login to ECAS, and I m afraid if I will miss any important update

US2CanApp

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Was able to link account in GCKey same day received AOR with no problems. New immigration tracker can't find application, tried sponsor and applicant UCI, etc. Tried just the State for place of birth. Tried entering wife's first and middle names, tried married and maiden last name.

Wife received AOR Nov. 2, Biometrics request Nov. 4. Outland, from United States.

Brizzy31

Aug 26, 2022
I think the new PR family class tracker has more updated information than the gckey. For example, I recieived the pre arrival service letter, the new tracker shows the eligibility and background check completed as well as information like they received our enquiries via webform. While the gckey only shows the application is in progress without the details.
Hi....i m trying to open new tracker but its showing unexpected problem..so what i do?? Becos ecas shows decision made ...how can i check in tracker its not opening

Ebuka91

Star Member
Nov 30, 2022
Canada/UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2023
I can’t get into Gckey, it keeps giving me an error. Is it because I haven’t gotten an aor yet?

Ask2get

Feb 25, 2021
In PR tracker my eligibility and background check completed, in GCKey is showing eligibility and background in process and the last update was when i passed my medical.