+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS fetching script

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

My citizenship process is done, but I thought I would share a Bash script that I wrote for easy checking updates in ECAS.
It automatically downloads and displays ECAS details, without having to go through the authorization page and filling out all the fields.

It requires Linux. If you don't know what Linux and/or Bash are, then it's not for you ;)

In other words, if you are using Windows it won't work. It may or may not work on a Mac, I haven't tried.
In both cases it probably could be modified to get it to work, but that would require some extra effort.

So, here it is: http://pastebin.com/yDU0P5Z4

It requires some configuration, but it should be pretty self-explanatory.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
sjakub said:
Hi.

My citizenship process is done, but I thought I would share a Bash script that I wrote for easy checking updates in ECAS.
It automatically downloads and displays ECAS details, without having to go through the authorization page and filling out all the fields.

It requires Linux. If you don't know what Linux and/or Bash are, then it's not for you ;)

In other words, if you are using Windows it won't work. It may or may not work on a Mac, I haven't tried.
In both cases it probably could be modified to get it to work, but that would require some extra effort.

My momma would be proud of me, I can recite my client number by heart, and i will probably remember it till i die :p

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
sjakub said:
Hi.

Works perfectly on the Mac, people need to make sure to chmod 777 prior to executing.

+1, sjakub!

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Works perfectly on the Mac, people need to make sure to chmod 777 prior to executing.

+1, sjakub!
I'm glad that it works! Thanks for letting me know! :)

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Using it with cron and added mail... So that I won't even need to bother running it. ;)
That was the idea, but I got my oath invitation before I got it working... :p

bloop

Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
AOR Received.
21/01/2012
Med's Request
14/03/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
14/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/06/2012
Good stuff, thanks!

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
sjakub said:
Hi.

Awesome man.... I know Unix/linux and bash/awk/pearl - enjoyed working on linux/unix...! i guess there are some free downloads on net where you can install unix/linux on windows...!!!! anyways.. great work man..... can you write some scripts for oil an gas sector???

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malimm0a75 said:
i guess there are some free downloads on net where you can install unix/linux on windows...!!!!
There is Cygwin, and also something called MinGW. It should be possible to make the script work on Windows using one of those solutions, but it would require some extra work.

malimm0a75 said:
can you write some scripts for oil an gas sector???
I'm not sure what scripts you have in mind...

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
Thanks!! I put some basic php around your script to have my wife just go to url to check the status on her phone. I think the script has brought ecas down today though :eek:

peterjiz

Dec 11, 2015
Hey sjakub,

I rewrote a go tool that retrieves your CIC info every 15 mins and sends you an email automatically. Forked bits of your script.
It can all be found at github .com /peterjiz/gocic

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
Here is a simple applescript for those on a mac.

set UnixPath to POSIX path of ((path to me as text) & "::")
set ioCic to do shell script "bash " & UnixPath & "cic.bh"
display dialog ioCic
1.To use this, created a file cic.bh on a mac in plain text and place the script by sjakub in it.
2.Edit sjakub's script with your personal information where needed (ID, name, country, DOB)
3. Open AppleScript and paste the text above and save it as an application in the same directory as you've saved cic.bh
4. After that you should be able to run the newly created app and get a pop-up with the result whenever you want to check status.

I've put the app on my dock and basically just need to click on it every time I want to check the status.

thanks sjakub