+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA

wendyphine

Sep 11, 2017
Hi there,

I tried to use WES tool for my ECA and it appears that its Bachelors (3 Years). Im currently taking Forensic Accounting in Brentwood Open Learning College, UK (Entry Level 4) with NCFE(awarding body),via online, soon as I completed they will give me a Diploma. Will it counts if I will let WES or IQAS assess it?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi .. could you elaborate? you already have a bachelors and now you are doing a diploma? and what exactly do you mean by 'will it count..' as in would it add to your CRS scores?

wendyphine

Sep 11, 2017
Hi .. could you elaborate? you already have a bachelors and now you are doing a diploma? and what exactly do you mean by 'will it count..' as in would it add to your CRS scores?
I have bs in accountancy degree that could give me bachelors 3 yrs in WES. Then to be able to upgrade my crs score want to have another course or diploma which i am currently taking (forensic accounting). Would that diploma would add up to my score?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
first you can determine the equivalency of your diploma https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

if wes acknowledges your diploma and gives you an equivalency for it, you can choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees...." which gives you 128 point (without spouse)

if wes doesn't accept the diploma..then you get 120 points for only bachelors

so it depends how critical those 8 points are and then you can decide accordingly..hope this helps

sumerehman

Sep 11, 2017
Can anyone guide?

One of my friend did O & A Level from University of Cambridge in Pakistan and also got a bachelors degree from LUMS, he applied to WES only for bachelors degree but they asked him to submit secondary and higher secondary certificate and HEC attested documents.

He submitted HEC attested sealed envelope & a sealed envelope which he get from IBCC for of his O & A Levels equivalencies but WES refused. following is the message received from WES

Reason: The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES.

Instructions: Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma.

Now what he needs to do???

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hi there,

I tried to use WES tool for my ECA and it appears that its Bachelors (3 Years). Im currently taking Forensic Accounting in Brentwood Open Learning College, UK (Entry Level 4) with NCFE(awarding body),via online, soon as I completed they will give me a Diploma. Will it counts if I will let WES or IQAS assess it?
Did you evaluate your NCFE diploma through WES? If yes, please may i know the result? Is it recognised? I have my Diploma in Leadership for health and social care NCFE Level 5, wondering what would be the evaluation of it