+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA.

Anjana513

Jun 14, 2017
Hi,
I have done Masters in canada and undergraduation in India. For express entry,
Do I need ECA for my undergraduation? Will I get any extra points if I do ECA for undergraduation?

Anjana513

Jun 14, 2017
Did you read the CIC website? If you have a Canadian Degree you dont need an ECA.
Yes, I have read. It says, Candian degree no need ECA but foreign education needs ECA. I could not find out in CIC that highest degree only Cic consider. Thanks.

UsamaShoaib

Jun 29, 2017
Hello,

I am from Pakistan and planning to apply for ECA, but before I do that, I need clarity on the following:

1) Me and my wife both are MBAs, so should we both apply for ECA?

2) Do we only need to submit our MBA and BBA degrees for the ECA or should us also be submitting our intermediate (grade 11 & 12) certifications?

Please respond to above.

best,
Usama

niky1007

Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone, I got my ECA done from WES. I have an MBA degree from one of the top colleges in India (Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar). However, WES rejected my masters degree on account of it not being recognised by AICTE. So I have sent letters from AICTE and AIU (Association of Indian Universities) that state my program of study is recognised. I'm not sure if this would be considered by them. Can anyone pls suggest if I should get it evaluated from some other agency like ICAS/ICES/IQAS, etc? Please guide. This is really important for me. Any guidance would be extremely helpful.

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Hello,

I am from Pakistan and planning to apply for ECA, but before I do that, I need clarity on the following:

1) Me and my wife both are MBAs, so should we both apply for ECA?

2) Do we only need to submit our MBA and BBA degrees for the ECA or should us also be submitting our intermediate (grade 11 & 12) certifications?

Please respond to above.

best,
Usama
This has been answered a lot before, and it's clear on the CIC and WES website. Yes, you need an ECA for the main applicant. Getting an ECA for spouse adds more points. If your MBAs are accredited (check the university name on the WES website before you register or pay) then go ahead and get an ECA for max points. You will be asked for your transcripts sent directly from your universities for both MBA and BAs, but you will not need your high school/ intermediate certificates. You will get accreditation for the highest certificate only (MBA).

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Hi everyone, I got my ECA done from WES. I have an MBA degree from one of the top colleges in India (Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar). However, WES rejected my masters degree on account of it not being recognised by AICTE. So I have sent letters from AICTE and AIU (Association of Indian Universities) that state my program of study is recognised. I'm not sure if this would be considered by them. Can anyone pls suggest if I should get it evaluated from some other agency like ICAS/ICES/IQAS, etc? Please guide. This is really important for me. Any guidance would be extremely helpful.
I think you there's a free tool that allows you to find if a specific school is accredited before you apply for an ECA on WES. And it should be available on other services. Where I live, there are charters of top world business school, my husband has an MBA from one but it is still not recognized. So it could be.

niky1007

Feb 8, 2017
I think you there's a free tool that allows you to find if a specific school is accredited before you apply for an ECA on WES. And it should be available on other services. Where I live, there are charters of top world business school, my husband has an MBA from one but it is still not recognized. So it could be.
Hi am102,
I know a few of my batchmates from the same institution whose ECA has been accepted by WES. Hence I am perplexed as to what should I do!

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Hi am102,
I know a few of my batchmates from the same institution whose ECA has been accepted by WES. Hence I am perplexed as to what should I do!
So what is the message you are getting? Is it not accredited or documents not accepted?

niky1007

Feb 8, 2017
So what is the message you are getting? Is it not accredited or documents not accepted?
This is what they are saying:
"In India, recognition is granted by AICTE. However, it is responsible for the recognition of individual academic programs. It does not recognize institutions as a whole. According to our resources, your program of study is not recognized."
So this means it is not accredited. For this, I have obtained the letters and shared with them.

harp2017

Sep 25, 2017
hi Niky1007
I am from XIMB as well and I got the same problem. they evaluated my MBA as Post secondary from non recognized instt. plz advise what process did you follow. where do I get the stated documents- (letters from AICTU and AIU). did it work for you?

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
hi Niky1007
I am from XIMB as well and I got the same problem. they evaluated my MBA as Post secondary from non recognized instt. plz advise what process did you follow. where do I get the stated documents- (letters from AICTU and AIU). did it work for you?
I am on the same boat. Can you please share your Batch?
I am from 2015 batch and yet to send my documents to WES.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,
I am from XIMB 2015 batch and have created my WES profile today. I need some guidance regarding the ECA procedure and would really appreciate, if you could help me. Did your issue get resolved?

Charu2021

Sep 23, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-05-2023
Hi,
I am from XIMB 2015 batch and have created my WES profile today. I need some guidance regarding the ECA procedure and would really appreciate, if you could help me. Did your issue get resolved?
Hello
I’m a 2020 pass out from XIMB-BM and want to go for an ECA. I understand that WES is not an option for me, so I want to know which option did you finally choose for ECA and how much time did they take to evaluate the degree.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello
I’m a 2020 pass out from XIMB-BM and want to go for an ECA. I understand that WES is not an option for me, so I want to know which option did you finally choose for ECA and how much time did they take to evaluate the degree.
even IQAS is not an option anymore.