+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA : WES or PEBC

upenpatel

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
My query is regarding education credential based on my qualifications. I have done my diploma in pharmacy (2 years course) from Board of Karnataka, Bangalore, Karnataka, India and Bachelor of Pharmacy (3 years) from Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India. (which is actually 4 years course, however, since I''ve done diploma of 2 years, I got direct entry in 2nd year of Bachelor of Pharmacy). I want to know the process for submitting the documents to WES as there is a provision of 4 year Bachelor Degree program only. Will you please guide me on this, so I can start my application to WES accordingly. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Reactions: Amrita06

Amrita06

Aug 29, 2018
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

• medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.
ECA assessment results:

Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy

If you get ECA from PEBC you get points for Master's degree or Proffesional degree.
If you get ECA from WES you get points for 4years of Bachelor's degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

I got points for professional degree and PPR. my PEBC ECA states I am four years in bachelors of pharmacy like mentioned above in bold letters.

Hello just a question when you get your Bachelors in Pharmacy Degree assessed frim PEBC did they ask for your licenses in your country because I never register in India for a license because I work in a different field.

Sep 3, 2018
Hi!

I have completed my B.pharm and M.Pharm. I am currently working in medico-marketing division in a pharmaceutical company.
My husband has completed B.pharm and Pharm D( Doctor in Pharmacy). He is currently working in medical affairs division in a pharmaceutical company.
We don't require a prove of our Indian pharmacist license for the current job.
We processed for ECA through WES.

Can we still go ahead with NOC 3131 for express entry for PR?

Could anyone please suggest NOC for us?

Sep 3, 2018
Hi.

I submitted my application with NOC 3131 for me and my spouse without PEBC evaluation; considering that we have industrial pharma experience. I have got a mail from Canada Immigration to submit PEBC evaluation report.
The issue is:
have to submit the PEBC evaluation report before February and contrary; PEBC evaluation takes around 8 weeks.

Please suggest, what should I do?

Ekunle

Nov 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
File Transfer...
13-12-2018
Hi.

I submitted my application with NOC 3131 for me and my spouse without PEBC evaluation; considering that we have industrial pharma experience. I have got a mail from Canada Immigration to submit PEBC evaluation report.
The issue is:
have to submit the PEBC evaluation report before February and contrary; PEBC evaluation takes around 8 weeks.

This is a bit dicey. Send a mail to PEBC and let them know about the severity of your situation. In the meantime, get your documents over to them and ensure that CIC is aware that you’ve initiated the document evaluation process with PEBC. Keep all correspondence and forward to CIC as proof and request more time if possible. Goodluck

Sep 3, 2018
This is a bit dicey. Send a mail to PEBC and let them know about the severity of your situation. In the meantime, get your documents over to them and ensure that CIC is aware that you’ve initiated the document evaluation process with PEBC. Keep all correspondence and forward to CIC as proof and request more time if possible. Goodluck
Thanks!

Can I request for a change in NOC?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi.

The issue is:

You can seek an extension citing the time it takes for the PEBC to generate your report.

arundg

Feb 2, 2019
Hi dear,

Just wanted ask how you got your ECA report, my wife’s document evaluation is done and we already got the conformation. Now we need ECA report from PEBC, what we need to do is to send the request form right, i have a few doubts -
1)Witness can be anyone or only the lawyer?
2)How can we pay the fee of 100 CAD, there is no link anywhere to pay that, shall we enclose that in the envolope along with the request letter (will that be acceptable)?

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

• medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.
ECA assessment results:

Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy

If you get ECA from PEBC you get points for Master's degree or Proffesional degree.
If you get ECA from WES you get points for 4years of Bachelor's degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

I got points for professional degree and PPR. my PEBC ECA states I am four years in bachelors of pharmacy like mentioned above in bold letters.

annelisse

Mar 8, 2019
Please can a Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy get evaluated by PEBC?
Hi. I have the same question. I only have 4 years b.s. pharmacy, no diploma or any course taken before my bachelors. Will i be qualified for pebc? Do i need more education?

No one seems to be answering :(

Intianu

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Hi. I have the same question. I only have 4 years b.s. pharmacy, no diploma or any course taken before my bachelors. Will i be qualified for pebc? Do i need more education?

No one seems to be answering :(
Please check the pharmacist Evaluation forum. I have replied you