+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - University

life4us

Apr 14, 2017
Dear All,

I have just joined this forum and this is first post. I am from India and I am going to apply for ECA/ WES evaluation. I have a doubt for my educational transcripts request.

The college from where I have done my Bachelors of Technology has now become a deemed university. My degree is though conferred from a different University to which my college was affiliated to in past (prior to becoming a deemed university).From which University shall I seek the transcripts? I assume the University that conferred the degree. Please advise.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
life4us said:
Dear All,

I have just joined this forum and this is first post. I am from India and I am going to apply for ECA/ WES evaluation. I have a doubt for my educational transcripts request.

The college from where I have done my Bachelors of Technology has now become a deemed university. My degree is though conferred from a different University to which my college was affiliated to in past (prior to becoming a deemed university).From which University shall I seek the transcripts? I assume the University that conferred the degree. Please advise.
You must get transcripts from the university from which you gained your education & degree.

rohanr

Mar 26, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
life4us said:
Dear All,

I think you will be able to get your transcripts from just one of the two places (the university OR the college - now deemed university). For you, the University should always be the old university (not the college).

Please mention this transition on a cover letter when you send the documents to WES. Make sure you always use the old university name (one on your degree) as "The University that awarded you degree", while making the application on WES site. Once you get your ECA, double check that the university name is the old university name (not the college).

Meanwhile, it's a good idea to prepare and take the IELTS exam. Also, check the proof of funds requirements and start maintaining a stable balance in a bank account. (Later you would be asked to provide 6 months bank statements. Any sudden spikes in the account balance may be questioned.)

Cheers!