+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA through CES

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
Hi All,

Anyone here, who had sent only Masters to CES and CES had evaluated as masters equivalency?
If not, then do I have to get both bachelors as well as masters to be evaluated to get the master equivalency?
My bachelor (BMS - Bachelor in management studies) was for 3 years full time and masters (MMS - Masters in management studies) 2 years full time from the University of Mumbai.
As CES processing time takes longer, I want to be sure that I shall not make any errors and my base should be clear. Hence, I need help.
Please, let me know.
Many thanks in advance.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As you probably have read on so many posts on this forum, on numerous times people with a 3-year Bachelor and 2-year Masters get their education evaluated as 4-year Bachelor + 1-year Post-Graduate program, for a 2 or more programs equivalency, which is better than just Bachelors. I don't know what your chances are of breaking this trend and obtaining a Masters equivalency ECA using CES.

I think maybe another ECA service might be better because I have read about so many cases like yours (3+2) which do not get Masters equivalency (mostly from Indian universities). I have also read about people who send only their Masters hoping they would get the Masters equivalency, only to get 1 year post-graduate program equivalency (again mostly from India).

Maybe someone on the forum has had a different experience and could share it with everyone. Good luck!

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
As you probably have read on so many posts on this forum, on numerous times people with a 3-year Bachelor and 2-year Masters get their education evaluated as 4-year Bachelor + 1-year Post-Graduate program, for a 2 or more programs equivalency, which is better than just Bachelors. I don't know what your chances are of breaking this trend and obtaining a Masters equivalency ECA using CES.

I think maybe another ECA service might be better because I have read about so many cases like yours (3+2) which do not get Masters equivalency (mostly from Indian universities). I have also read about people who send only their Masters hoping they would get the Masters equivalency, only to get 1 year post-graduate program equivalency (again mostly from India).

Maybe someone on the forum has had a different experience and could share it with everyone. Good luck!
So, sharing only master's will suffice to get the master equivalency?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So, sharing only master's will suffice to get the master equivalency?
As I just said in previous post, normally it would suffice, however, I have not read about anyone with a 2-year Masters from India get Masters equivalency with CES. Maybe someone has, but personally, I have not read that anybody has achieved this. If the Masters were from a US university I could assure you that you would get the equivalency.

RP90

Jan 23, 2020
Hi All,

Anyone here, who had sent only Masters to CES and CES had evaluated as masters equivalency?
If not, then do I have to get both bachelors as well as masters to be evaluated to get the master equivalency?
My bachelor (BMS - Bachelor in management studies) was for 3 years full time and masters (MMS - Masters in management studies) 2 years full time from the University of Mumbai.
As CES processing time takes longer, I want to be sure that I shall not make any errors and my base should be clear. Hence, I need help.
Please, let me know.
Many thanks in advance.
Same here...BSC I.T and MMS from Mumbai University...pls keep posted if you get to know anything

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
As I just said in previous post, normally it would suffice, however, I have not read about anyone with a 2-year Masters from India get Masters equivalency with CES. Maybe someone has, but personally, I have not read that anybody has achieved this. If the Masters were from a US university I could assure you that you would get the equivalency.
Ok. Can I opt WES to get my bachelor's evaluated and for masters from CES? will this work?

RP90

Jan 23, 2020
Do we have to only upload Scanned colored copy of University final degree online on CES portal or also send them physical copy which has University attestion? Also same for college conducted exams...do we send through college? Or get those marksheets also attested from Mumbai University and send to CES or upload on portal?

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
Do we have to only upload Scanned colored copy of University final degree online on CES portal or also send them physical copy which has University attestion? Also same for college conducted exams...do we send through college? Or get those marksheets also attested from Mumbai University and send to CES or upload on portal?
As per my knowledge, we have to upload colored scanned marksheets and the University will share the transcripts to CES, still you can check their website.

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
This is possible. However, there's no reason to do this if you get Masters equivalency.
I have heard that, for PNP both the evaluation is mandatory. Hence I thought to do so.
Also, one more question,
In my case, in my masters, there were 2 years and for each year there were 2 semesters.
1-2 semester mark sheets were issued by the college and they haven't mentioned my middle name, however, in 3-4 semester, the mark sheets were issued by the University and it has my middle name. Will this a problem?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have heard that, for PNP both the evaluation is mandatory. Hence I thought to do so.
Also, one more question,
In my case, in my masters, there were 2 years and for each year there were 2 semesters.
1-2 semester mark sheets were issued by the college and they haven't mentioned my middle name, however, in 3-4 semester, the mark sheets were issued by the University and it has my middle name. Will this a problem?
I don't think this will be an issue because the University will send official copies. The copies you upload are unofficial, so they don't have to be attested or notarized.

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
I don't think this will be an issue because the University will send official copies. The copies you upload are unofficial, so they don't have to be attested or notarized.
Ok. Thank you. May I know along with transcripts, what else needs to send to CES?