+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA taking a very long time. Can I submit my application while I wait?

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi,

I'm waiting for my ECA from University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies. It's taking a frustratingly long time. The current estimated processing time is 13 weeks. It wouldn't be so bad but when I sent my forms it was 6 weeks. They confirmed they had everything almost 2 months ago. The real frustration is that with every week that passes the estimated processing time goes up by a week, if this trend continues it could take forever.

This is the last thing I need before applying for FSW. I assume I need to wait for this to come through before I can apply? I was really hoping I'd get an Ontario nomination, hoping I haven't missed the boat because of this dam ECA.

aspireimmi

Jun 30, 2015
CWilson said:
Hi,

I'm waiting for my ECA from University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies. It's taking a frustratingly long time. The current estimated processing time is 13 weeks. It wouldn't be so bad but when I sent my forms it was 6 weeks. They confirmed they had everything almost 2 months ago. The real frustration is that with every week that passes the estimated processing time goes up by a week, if this trend continues it could take forever.

This is the last thing I need before applying for FSW. I assume I need to wait for this to come through before I can apply? I was really hoping I'd get an Ontario nomination, hoping I haven't missed the boat because of this dam ECA.

dear Cwilson,

are you asking question or suggesting to the viewers ?

you created thread in question form and in your text you are just explaining your frustration.

what is it?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply without it, you just can't claim any points for education until you receive the ECA

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
aspireimmi said:
dear Cwilson,

are you asking question or suggesting to the viewers ?

you created thread in question form and in your text you are just explaining your frustration.

what is it?
My question was, can I submit my application before I get my ECA through, as purplesnow said, I can, but I won't get the points for education. Which means I need to wait.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CWilson said:
Hi,

You can certainly make your EE application and hope for an Ontario nomination. If you got an ITA, you would still have 2 months before you had to turn it in. But you can't claim points for your education, and FSW requires the ECA for eligibility. So...

Recently, I got a WES evaluation of my education in 2 weeks from the time I told the school to send the transcripts to WES (from the US) to the time I had the evaluation in my hands. If you're not short of cash, maybe this would help?

johnE

Apr 24, 2017
I fell into this pitfall as well. The cic webpage is actually encouraging people to fall for this because it is listing
'Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies' (CES) as the first item under 'Designated organizations'. Search 'cic eca'

It would really be helpful if the cic webpage showed the approximate processing times and make CES the last point in the list.
I used the 'Report a problem or mistake on this page' button to suggest it to the cic but deem chances low that they'll react. Maybe if everyone reading this did that ... :)

But also frankly it is just ridiculous that CES takes this long while other organizations can do it in a fifth of the time. :mad: They are just luring people in with the online service which deceivingly suggests that it's faster.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
johnE said:
I fell into this pitfall as well. The cic webpage is actually encouraging people to fall for this because it is listing
'Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies' (CES) as the first item under 'Designated organizations'. Search 'cic eca'

It would really be helpful if the cic webpage showed the approximate processing times and make CES the last point in the list.
I used the 'Report a problem or mistake on this page' button to suggest it to the cic but deem chances low that they'll react. Maybe if everyone reading this did that ... :)

But also frankly it is just ridiculous that CES takes this long while other organizations can do it in a fifth of the time. :mad: They are just luring people in with the online service which deceivingly suggests that it's faster.
Thankfully not all of us just use the first thing we see on a list. :)

johnE

Apr 24, 2017
I wasn't just using the first thing on the list. I spend quite some time researching the options. Because I was outside Canada I deemed the online application to be the fastest. Also, other organizations charge the same initial price again for a second degree. CES was cheaper in that respect but now it'll turn out to be much more expensive for me :(