+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Status not clearly mentioned

drrahuln

Nov 6, 2015
Hello please advise on this:
I work as an Underwriter and immigrated on work permit (internal job relocation) to Canada in Jan 2014. Now we are applying for a PR - sponsored by my employer. I have a BHMS degree (Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) from recognized University in India (Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra). The ECA evaluation mentions - Five and one-half years of training in homeopathic medicine, recognizes the univeristy, but doesn't provide equivalency of Bachelors degree.

I had written them back on this, but they have once again reviewed the file and confirmed that they would not be changing this.

Considering this, is there any option to go to other agency like CES and getting the ECA done once again? Do you think CES will be considering this differently, do WES and CES follow the same guidelines/methodology? What would you advise? I noted in some of the posts from 2014 that some people had a similar experience, but don't know how did they overcome this hurdle?

Our immigration agent has advised to file a traditional provincial nomination application sponsored by my employer (for which my employer is ready) - but then it is time consuming and could take even 3-4 years. Does someone know a better solution than this, which could be less time consuming and convenient?

Please advise - your comments and thoughts will be of great help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll get the same results if you apply through CES. BHMS degrees aren't recognized in Canada as the equivalent of a degree.

You can certainly still apply through Express Entry, you just won't get points for a Bachelors.