+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA shows a one-year postgraduade diploma

Dee-pika

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,
I completed my MBA majoring in HR from a recognised institute in India.However, the ECA through WES indicates only an one-year postgraduate study as an equivalance for my MBA.

When I contacted WES seeking clarification, the body said that they have changed their guidelines and any MBA through Indian institutes like IIM will only be considered to obtain a Canadian credential equivalency of a MBA.

This is having an adverse effect for my employment prospects as I plan to do a CHRP(Certified Human Resource Professional) certification through HRPA.

HRPA says that I will need fifty points indicating coursework completion to go ahead with the examination s.Fifty points are awarded for Masters in HR for which I require a ECA which indicates a MBA instead of an one-year postgraduate study.

HRPA accepts ECA assessments from WES,ICAS and CES.Given my scenario, what is the probability of I getting a Canadian credential equivalency of a MBA if applied through ICAS/CES

Varun310583

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Deepika,

We are in same boat.

In some forums, people have advised to get the evaluation done from IQAS. Plz let me know if you get any update. Thanks !!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Are you sure they accept ECA evaluation from WES for employment? Because for employment purposes you should go for document by document evaluation. ECA is for Canada Immigration.

Go for ICES!!!

mppreethi87

May 28, 2018
Are you sure they accept ECA evaluation from WES for employment? Because for employment purposes you should go for document by document evaluation. ECA is for Canada Immigration.

Go for ICES!!!
Hi Bro. Can you pls let me know where you did your P.G. Diploma?

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Hello,
I completed my MBA majoring in HR from a recognised institute in India.However, the ECA through WES indicates only an one-year postgraduate study as an equivalance for my MBA.

When I contacted WES seeking clarification, the body said that they have changed their guidelines and any MBA through Indian institutes like IIM will only be considered to obtain a Canadian credential equivalency of a MBA.

This is having an adverse effect for my employment prospects as I plan to do a CHRP(Certified Human Resource Professional) certification through HRPA.

HRPA says that I will need fifty points indicating coursework completion to go ahead with the examination s.Fifty points are awarded for Masters in HR for which I require a ECA which indicates a MBA instead of an one-year postgraduate study.

HRPA accepts ECA assessments from WES,ICAS and CES.Given my scenario, what is the probability of I getting a Canadian credential equivalency of a MBA if applied through ICAS/CES
TRY IQAS, Call me for more information, I have got my SMU Distance learning degree assessed through IQAS as WES do not assess it.