+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA result confusion

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
The ECA report states:
Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Then, there are two parts:
Part 1 says: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (3 years)
Part 2 says: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

The ECA was done in 2015.
In reality, I have completed 4 years BBA and 1 year MBA from my country.

:mad::mad: So, where the result falls between the following two:
  1. Bachelor's degree or 3-year diploma from college, university, technical or trade school
  2. More than one degree, certificate or diploma (one must be for a 3-year or longer program)
Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance. :)

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
i think this means they haven't qualified your MBA as a master's. you can call them and ask.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
The ECA report states:
Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Then, there are two parts:
Part 1 says: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (3 years)
Part 2 says: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

The ECA was done in 2015.
In reality, I have completed 4 years BBA and 1 year MBA from my country.

:mad::mad: So, where the result falls between the following two:
  1. Bachelor's degree or 3-year diploma from college, university, technical or trade school
  2. More than one degree, certificate or diploma (one must be for a 3-year or longer program)
Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance. :)
always the higher one - so, "more than one degree option" will be your pick when calculating CRS. As the other poster answered, WES has not considered your MBA as a Master's equivalent.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello.

I have a query.

Is thr any other service for wes rather than sending courier..as it takes almost 2 months.
huh? not sure what you mean. If you want to send your documents through some other service other than courier, then it's not possible for Indian students. If you have studied overseas, they accept myEquals.

I have done my evaluation using both services, and trust me like you would trust anyone else, the difference was barely 3-4 days.

None of my evaluations took 9 weeks (2 months).

Rough breakdown was:

Courier sent - Received by them in 2 days
Acknowledgement of Receipt - Another 3 days
Documents accepted - 7 days
Final report - 20 days

So, that's a total of about 32 days for the physical bit. The myEquals bit was about 28-29 days.

As for evaluation itself, no service comes even close speedwise to WES.

Gurpreet1112

Nov 12, 2017
Punjab
huh? not sure what you mean. If you want to send your documents through some other service other than courier, then it's not possible for Indian students. If you have studied overseas, they accept myEquals.

I have done my evaluation using both services, and trust me like you would trust anyone else, the difference was barely 3-4 days.

None of my evaluations took 9 weeks (2 months).

Rough breakdown was:

Courier sent - Received by them in 2 days
Acknowledgement of Receipt - Another 3 days
Documents accepted - 7 days
Final report - 20 days

So, that's a total of about 32 days for the physical bit. The myEquals bit was about 28-29 days.

As for evaluation itself, no service comes even close speedwise to WES.
Thanku for quick revert. Actually my wes is done but the consultant did not guide us that we have to get it done for my husband also. Although he has done only higher secondary but it also fetch us 2 points. I had been struggling with IELTS for last 8 months. I got the desired result by end of dec and my crs is now 436. If i include my hubbys qualification it will jump to 438.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanku for quick revert. Actually my wes is done but the consultant did not guide us that we have to get it done for my husband also. Although he has done only higher secondary but it also fetch us 2 points. I had been struggling with IELTS for last 8 months. I got the desired result by end of dec and my crs is now 436. If i include my hubbys qualification it will jump to 438.
consultant? damn. my commiserations as consultants are a strict no-no and an absolute waste of time. I would say be patient and save the WES trouble. CRS scores, while they cannot be predicted, will definitely drop below 436 in the near future. I get that every point counts, but ultimately, it's your decision.

Reactions: Gurpreet1112

Gurpreet1112

Nov 12, 2017
Punjab
consultant? damn. my commiserations as consultants are a strict no-no and an absolute waste of time. I would say be patient and save the WES trouble. CRS scores, while they cannot be predicted, will definitely drop below 436 in the near future. I get that every point counts, but ultimately, it's your decision.
You are absolutely right. They dont guide in a proper way. So i think i should go for his wes.

Thanku dear

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
totally unpredictable, but if you see last year's scores and this year's immigration targets, safe to guess that it won't be too long.

Reactions: Gurpreet1112