+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA requirement where both Bachelors and Masters degree are present

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
manishcy said:
Thanks for your valuable help. I have decided to take a chance. Accordingly have gone ahead and requested ECA from WES for only my Masters. Let's see how it turns up. Will post updates to this forum as and when I get result.
Great. All the best!

manishcy

Apr 25, 2016
ThiagoSCF said:
So they'll probably assess it in the same way they did mine.

Then you would have to choose the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" option instead of "Masters degree" in the EE profile. The first one gives less points than the second one, which is unfortunate.

Best of luck!
Before ordering ECA, I had taken the free assessment at WES site. In there it assessed my MBA as "Equivalency in Canada: Master's degree". However now that I have ordered the actual ECA, let's see what the final result will be. Will keep this forum posted with updates.

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Stanlee said:
In your case, send both graduation and diploma transcripts to WES for assessment, no need for 10th and 12th. If you send both graduation and diploma and WES assesses it accordingly, then you can select 'two or more degrees, where one is at least three years...' which will fetch you more points than just getting Bachelors assessed.
Thanks stanlee,

Okay so in my case my 2yrs diploma is in Animation from MAAC in Delhi, INDIA. what documents are required from them like i have diploma certificate and provision certificate etc from them. Will attested photocopies in sealed n signed envelope work for eca ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mr Singh said:
Thanks stanlee,

Okay so in my case my 2yrs diploma is in Animation from MAAC in Delhi, INDIA. what documents are required from them like i have diploma certificate and provision certificate etc from them. Will attested photocopies in sealed n signed envelope work for eca ?
Yes, you can send the copies of your transcript/mark sheets attested by MAAC and placed in an official envelope which has been sealed and stamped. Additionally, you should also keep a legible photocopy of your diploma certificate while sending it to WES for assessment. These will be in addition to your Bachelors documents (from DU).

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Stanlee said:
Yes, you can send the copies of your transcript/mark sheets attested by MAAC and placed in an official envelope which has been sealed and stamped. Additionally, you should also keep a legible photocopy of your diploma certificate while sending it to WES for assessment. These will be in addition to your Bachelors documents (from DU).
thanks a lot stanlee,

photocopies should be in colour or b/w for MAAC Diploma ?

What documents from DU i need to send to WES like i have 4 Marksheets + 1 Provisional Certificate + Degree that i just received last month, i mean Transcript + true copy of degree or of all mark sheets as well ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mr Singh said:
thanks a lot stanlee,

photocopies should be in colour or b/w for MAAC Diploma ?

What documents from DU i need to send to WES like i have 4 Marksheets + 1 Provisional Certificate + Degree that i just received last month, i mean Transcript + true copy of degree or of all mark sheets as well ?
Colour or black and white copy, anything is fine as long it is legible. For transcripts from MAAC, you should get it attested by MAAC and place it an official stamped and sealed envelope with your reference number written on the envelope.

From DU, you need to get the following documents attested and placed in the sealed envelope - all mark sheets or transcripts. Along with the sealed envelope you also need to send clear photocopy of your degree certificate.

You can get both the sealed envelopes and copies of your MAAC Diploma Certificate and DU Degree Certificate and place it in an master envelope and send everything together to WES for assessment. Please ensure to write your reference number on all the envelopes.

Check this link to see the list of documents that need to arrange to be sent http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp?lctryid=2.

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Stanlee said:
Colour or black and white copy, anything is fine as long it is legible. For transcripts from MAAC, you should get it attested by MAAC and place it an official stamped and sealed envelope with your reference number written on the envelope.

From DU, you need to get the following documents attested and placed in the sealed envelope - all mark sheets or transcripts. Along with the sealed envelope you also need to send clear photocopy of your degree certificate.

You can get both the sealed envelopes and copies of your MAAC Diploma Certificate and DU Degree Certificate and place it in an master envelope and send everything together to WES for assessment. Please ensure to write your reference number on all the envelopes.

Check this link to see the list of documents that need to arrange to be sent http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp?lctryid=2.
Thanks a lot for your valuable information & Help.... STANLEE

Nov 17, 2011
manishcy said:
Thanks for your valuable help. I have decided to take a chance. Accordingly have gone ahead and requested ECA from WES for only my Masters. Let's see how it turns up. Will post updates to this forum as and when I get result.
Hello Manish, Did they ask for the bachelors? I'm in the same situation like your, just let us know how your assessment done.

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello Folks,

I am new this forum and I just created my profile for under FSW program. My CRS is 409 right now and it will be 417 (after my husband's WES evaluation id done) hopefully in another couple of weeks. I did my masters from US and currently working there. I did my bachelors from India. I only sent my US master transcripts to WES and they completed their evaluation in April. I didn't send my bachelors transcripts WES as my understanding was to evaluate the highest degree of education in order to get maximum points. WES didn't ask for my bachelors either and the ECA report shows Canadian Master Degree.

I was hoping to get couple of doubts clarified to make sure I am on the right path in case I receive an ITA in future -

1. Do I need to evaluate my bachelors degree?
2. In EE profile, I only entered my master degree details. Do I need to enter my bachelors degree details as well and mention ECA not available? Or its ok just to mention about my master degree in education and language section as ECA is done for MS only.

Thanks is advance for your help.

Appreciate

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Check the requirements for your country. Better to do both since price is the same anyways. Just an extra transcript to get.

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Before ordering ECA, I had taken the free assessment at WES site. In there it assessed my MBA as "Equivalency in Canada: Master's degree". However now that I have ordered the actual ECA, let's see what the final result will be. Will keep this forum posted with updates.
Hey Manish,

Not sure if you are following this thread anymore, but if you can please let us know if you were able to get your PR with just Masters being evaluated as part of your ECA. Many people like me might be in the same boat and your reply will help us to plan ahead.

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello Folks,

I am new this forum and I just created my profile for under FSW program. My CRS is 409 right now and it will be 417 (after my husband's WES evaluation id done) hopefully in another couple of weeks. I did my masters from US and currently working there. I did my bachelors from India. I only sent my US master transcripts to WES and they completed their evaluation in April. I didn't send my bachelors transcripts WES as my understanding was to evaluate the highest degree of education in order to get maximum points. WES didn't ask for my bachelors either and the ECA report shows Canadian Master Degree.

I was hoping to get couple of doubts clarified to make sure I am on the right path in case I receive an ITA in future -

1. Do I need to evaluate my bachelors degree?
2. In EE profile, I only entered my master degree details. Do I need to enter my bachelors degree details as well and mention ECA not available? Or its ok just to mention about my master degree in education and language section as ECA is done for MS only.

Thanks is advance for your help.

Appreciate
Hi there,

Not sure if you are following this thread anymore, but if you can please let us know if you were able to get your PR with just Masters being evaluated as part of your ECA. Many people like me might be in the same boat and your reply will help us to plan ahead.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi there,

what if your masters ends up being evaluated as a bachelor? why not send both?

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi there,

Hi @rohit.joshi - Recently not following these threads as we are in post ITA stage. We submitted our documents on August 8th (AOR) and now the status is back ground check "NA2" with medical passed. We only sent masters transcripts and WES evaluation was "Canadian Masters" .So far CIC hasn't asked us for any additional documents post AOR and we are hoping everything will be fine and get into the final stage of "IP2" soon and eventually get PPR email.

We haven't done our bachelors evaluated from WES since the CIC rule it to evaluate the highest degree. I also had the same confusion initially when I posted those questions, but someone confirmed that bachelors is not needed. I posted these same questions on another ROH thread and it was answered, I will try to find that for you.

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
The requirement states 'You should choose the highest level degree, diploma or certificate (or combination) that will award you the most points. For example, you would get more points for an ECA report that shows you have a Canadian equivalent of a master’s degree than for one that shows you have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.'

Based on the requirement, for the purpose of Express Entry, you need to get only your highest degree assessed by WES. Having said that, if WES requests your Bachelors credentials, then you may have to submit them, so be prepared for it. For the purpose of Express Entry, you can go ahead with Masters only.
This is correct.