+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Requirement for Mumbai University Degree

zshamim

Feb 7, 2016
Hi All,
I am facing peculiar situation while applying for ECA report for my Degrees.
In my final year graduation degree from Mumbai University my name is postfixed by my parents name in Convocation.
For Example : My name is Raghav Bahl and Father Name Satish Bahl ,Mother Name is Sumita Bahl.
However in my convocation my name is mentioned as Raghav Bahl Satish Sumita.
This practice is common for all of my friends passed from Mumbai University
I am sure ECA report will be issued in the name mentioned in certificate.
Does any one have idea how to proceed further ,(get the name rectified in certificate or existing certificate will do)

Any help or pointer will be a great help
Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
zshamim said:
Hi All,
In my final year graduation degree from Mumbai University my name is postfixed by my parents name in Convocation.
For Example : My name is Raghav Bahl and Father Name Satish Bahl ,Mother Name is Sumita Bahl.
Does any one have idea how to proceed further ,(get the name rectified in certificate or existing certificate will do)

Thanks
What is the name on your passport?

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
zshamim said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Not a problem. I'm sure the bio-page of your passport has both you mother's and father's name mentioned.

Yes, you are right, the ECA report will be issued on the name printed on your convocation.

While submitting documents, just write a small letter of explanation saying that Bombay University does that to your name on the convocation. Don't worry too much about it, I'm also from Bombay University and there aren't any problems because of that.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
GokulGuruprasad said:
Not a problem. I'm sure the bio-page of your passport has both you mother's and father's name mentioned.

Yes, you are right, the ECA report will be issued on the name printed on your convocation.

While submitting documents, just write a small letter of explanation saying that Bombay University does that to your name on the convocation. Don't worry too much about it, I'm also from Bombay University and there aren't any problems because of that.
Seconded.

melrin

May 29, 2016
Thanks for the clarification. I too am facing the same problem.

Can you please let me know when should this letter be sent explaining about the name?

Also should this letter be notarized etc?

Thanks for the help

echerian

Jul 14, 2018

Hi brother,

Sorry meant to ask. So do we need to send our pp as well to wES?

ankita0333

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi Raghav can you please guide me what did you do in the situation ?