+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA report - wrong evaluation - options?

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello everyone

I have done a bachelor's degree from PTU (Punjab Technical University) & MBA from IMT, Nagpur. I received my ECA report from WES last month, but under the Canadian Equivalency, it states:

"Master's degree from a non-recognized institution"

So, in effect my master's will not get any points on CRS score. I have been interacting with them over emails to understand the reason for the same, but it's a painfully slow process.

If my WES reports stays as it is now, should I just get the ECA done again from a different organization & hope that the other one would recognize my master's degree? Has anyone done that before & benefited from it?

Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Rohit

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello everyone

I have done a bachelor's degree from PTU (Punjab Technical University) & MBA from IMT, Nagpur. I received my ECA report from WES last month, but under the Canadian Equivalency, it states:

"Master's degree from a non-recognized institution"

So, in effect my master's will not get any points on CRS score. I have been interacting with them over emails to understand the reason for the same, but it's a painfully slow process.

If my WES reports stays as it is now, should I just get the ECA done again from a different organization & hope that the other one would recognize my master's degree? Has anyone done that before & benefited from it?

Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Rohit
I did not find IMT Nagpur under following list:
https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/Consolidated list of All Universities.pdf

Try yourself, may be under different name, and if the name is not there, WES, ICES will not provide ECA for that.

Having said that, you can try ECA from IQAS, which evaluates IMTs of Ghaziabad and CDL as well. You will have to try your luck.

In IQAS, you only need to send your Masters Degree ECA transcripts.

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I did not find IMT Nagpur under following list:
https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/Consolidated list of All Universities.pdf

Try yourself, may be under different name, and if the name is not there, WES, ICES will not provide ECA for that.

Having said that, you can try ECA from IQAS, which evaluates IMTs of Ghaziabad and CDL as well. You will have to try your luck.

In IQAS, you only need to send your Masters Degree ECA transcripts.
Thanks for your reply. Most of the MBA institutes won't be listed as they are not linked with any university. I've got a confirmation from WES that no changes will be made in their assessment:

"World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.
WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA. or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.
We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization."

So I guess, the only option is to try IQAS. Does anyone know who has tried it and succeeded (Bachelors ECA from one orgn. & Masters from another)? Or does it make more sense to try & get a PNP?

Thanks!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for your reply. Most of the MBA institutes won't be listed as they are not linked with any university. I've got a confirmation from WES that no changes will be made in their assessment:

"World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.
WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA. or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.
We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization."

So I guess, the only option is to try IQAS. Does anyone know who has tried it and succeeded (Bachelors ECA from one orgn. & Masters from another)? Or does it make more sense to try & get a PNP?

Thanks!
I did it. Bachelors from WES and Masters from IQAS.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, any idea if IQAS will recognise PTU masters degree?
WES has rejected mine.
Many applicants have applied in October in IQAS. They will receive ECA reports in January or February. after that one can say whether PTU was approved or not.

Keerthiece

Nov 9, 2018
I did it. Bachelors from WES and Masters from IQAS.
Hi Preet Singh,

Further to your confirmation on this which I am very glad to see. I want to follow the same suit. What was the result of IQAS for your masters? did IQAS recognize yours as master's degree?

Do you know or heard from others that with different organizations successful evaluations of each degree, did they receive ITA or have been accepted for PR?

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,

Can you please update on the IQAS assesment of you PGDM from IMT ?? and also the timeline of the assesment
Hello,

I'm still awaiting for the evaluation report from IQAS. Timeline so far:

3rd week of Aug' 18- Made payment & couriered documents to IQAS
3rd week of Sept' 18 - Received acknowledgement from IQAS that they have received documents & they are now placed in line for processing
Today - The online status of my application on the IQAS website still shows the same, i.e., "In line for processing"

It could be because of the holiday season, or they are generally this slow. I'm hoping that I should hear from them by mid-Jan. Will post the outcome on this thread.

Cheers

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hello,

I'm still awaiting for the evaluation report from IQAS. Timeline so far:

3rd week of Aug' 18- Made payment & couriered documents to IQAS
3rd week of Sept' 18 - Received acknowledgement from IQAS that they have received documents & they are now placed in line for processing
Today - The online status of my application on the IQAS website still shows the same, i.e., "In line for processing"

It could be because of the holiday season, or they are generally this slow. I'm hoping that I should hear from them by mid-Jan. Will post the outcome on this thread.

Cheers
you got it evaluated ?

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Any update on your ECA?
Hello,

Nothing new relevant to the topic that we were discussing. But my application is now on-hold because of a specific scenario for me. IMT Nagpur (from where I did my MBA) is now an autonomous institute, but at the time that I had done my MBA, it was affiliated with Burdwan University. I had submitted my transcripts via IMT Nagpur, but IQAS has asked to submit those via Burdwan University. So, I'm trying to get the transcripts through Burdwan University now & thus, the entire process is derailed by another 3-4 months.