+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Report: Two or more diploma or degree option

MCPG

Nov 12, 2018
I have:
Bachelors in Degree (4yrs) and
Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)
as stated in my WES report

DO you think I can claim Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?

nme

Oct 5, 2018
I have received my WES evaluation for Bachelors Degree.Now I am taking one year technical diploma from WES recognized institute. Will it make me eligible for "Two or more certificates..."? Plz reply

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Hi all. I have a question. I'll be very thankful if some one can provide me an answer.

I have a bachelors degree from India which I sent to WES for evaluation and it shows Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years).
I moved to Canada 2015 and when I moved I transferred my University credits to a Canadian University in Ontario. I studied two years in a Canadian university where I did my bachelors with a major in economics, I only had to study two years in order to get a three year degree because of my previous university degree credits I received, I basically have two bachelors degree now.

The question is what should I put under the education part when I file my application for PR? Can someone please help me.

1. What is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.

2. Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?

Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months

Reactions: lazywriter

lazywriter

Apr 14, 2018
Hi all. I have a question. I'll be very thankful if some one can provide me an answer.

I have a bachelors degree from India which I sent to WES for evaluation and it shows Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years).
I moved to Canada 2015 and when I moved I transferred my University credits to a Canadian University in Ontario. I studied two years in a Canadian university where I did my bachelors with a major in economics, I only had to study two years in order to get a three year degree because of my previous university degree credits I received, I basically have two bachelors degree now.

The question is what should I put under the education part when I file my application for PR? Can someone please help me.

1. What is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.

2. Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?

Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
Hi Harshita, yes you do have a Canadian bachelor's degree. Doesn't matter if you were able to complete it sooner by transferring credits from your previous degree. So your highest level of education is "Two or more degrees, diplomas or certificates" and you also have a Canadian degree. Good luck!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Wow!! Could you please let me know which certificate is it.
Sorry I can't really help you with that. That completely depends on the university and the program :(

But I have found that some UK universities 6 months program are evaluated as 1 year certificate by IQAS. So you could surf around that!!! Just don't go to WES and choose IQAS. They're a lot better!!!

rharis

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

Have a pretty basic question:
4 year Bachelors - Done + WES certified
3 month Advanced PG Diploma course - Done recently

will this 3 month diploma help get points in 2 or more degree? Should I send it to WES?

VibhuThakur

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

I have sent a query regarding this to WES and they reevaluated my credentials and issued a new report stating my summary as Diploma 2 Years and Bachelors Four Years. Now i can choose two or more option without any doubt.

Hi, can u tell me what education documents you assessed from wes. One is ur bachelor degree and what others? ? Please help

Fatymasaad

Oct 11, 2018
Dear all, I am bit confused on how to fill in my express entry education section. I studied in total for 3 yrs (post secondary) in the french education system. I studied in my home country but with an affiliated french university. My degree certificates & ECA all says country if study as France though I was not there physically. My question:

My studies were initially 2 year diploma which equates as a 2 year diploma as per my ECA in Canada then I did 1 year (licence in France) which then converts my whole studies into a degree, a bachelor degree. However when it got evaluated , this 1 year was equated to 'Three year bachelor degree' as per Canada.

Basically my ECA says I have a 2 year post secondary diploma + a three year bachelor degree BUT I studied for only 3 years & not 5 :(

How do I input this in my profile? I input only 1 line for bachelor degree and upload both certificates or I input 2 or more certificates, diploma?

I dnt want to be misrepresenting as I have enough CRS even with only bachelor degree, just not sure how to input it.

Please help Sir :)

pallaviu

May 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have read through this forum and need some help. I am thinking to apply for Canada PR and was busy calculating my points and i got stuck with this query, “which option should I select for education”.

I have done Diploma in electrical engineering (3 year full time course) after my 10th and then did Diploma in Interior designing (2 years full time course) and after that i did my 12th exam as well(as i was thinking to bachelors in UK, which i eventually dropped).

Now i am not sure if i can get points for two or more certificates diplomas or degrees.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

P

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
are you sure... i guess in some other thread you said Yes to a similar question..
1st - It says 2 years Diploma
2nd - It says 2 years secondary high school diploma

They are different and hence the answer was different.

If you can get the ECA equivalency changed to 2 years diploma, then you can claim points for 2 or more degrees too.
Yes. @GCMSBuddy is right,

It's different because your diploma is evaluated as High School/Secondary School diploma by WES. It's because you probably done your diploma after year 10?

If WES stated your diploma as only "diploma then I think it means diploma after secondary school/high school/year 10-12.

U can't claim points for secondary or high school diploma.

Some people have done 3 years diploma after year 10 + bachelor 3 or 4 years and got evaluated as equivalent to secondary diploma and diploma 2 year and bachelor degree 3years. In this case, they were eligible to claim points for two or more years points even though it mentioned secondary diploma. Some get it re-evaluate and change to diploma 2 years and bachelor degree 3 years to make it clearer what to choose later for EE profile.

I hope you can the difference now.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes i thought of trying icas
But i wish to know.. is there any case in which wes has re-evaluated? or any correction made in eca report?
I think WES might have updated their assessment policy. Maybe it's different assessment criteria for different major (IT and Engineering).

I read somewhere similar situation as you. They mentioned same situation as you where your bother got done same qualification (3 years dioloma and lateral bachelor) and got evaluated as diploma + bachelor whereas yours got evaluated differently which is secondary high diploma + bachelor. So they get re-evaluation by WES again and the result was diploma 2 year and bachelor 3 year.

You can try and ask WES the reason why your were evaluated differently?

Or just try IQAS or other assessing bodies.