+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA report needed for Occupation not Education???

Tamerzz

Nov 19, 2013
Hello Folks

Please, I have a Canadian Masters degree and I will get points in the education criteria with this degree only. I believe, I don’t need to submit a credential assessment for my foreign bachelor degree. However, I am a bit confused if I need to do so to match the employment requirements for the occupation I am applying for. The NOC 2011 mentioned under my occupation the following requirements:

A bachelor's degree in geological engineering or in a related discipline is required.
A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.

So, to satisfy the work experience criteria, I am required to submit an ECA report for my Bachelor degree as well? or the reference letter from the company I used to work for and my Canadian Masters degree is enough?

Thanks a lot; I really appreciate your help.

Tamerzz

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ua education has nothing to do with your work experience...
unless it is genuine...
with the help of ECA report CIC calculate points based on ua education...

Regards,
LD

Tamerzz

Nov 19, 2013
Hello Lids

Thanks a lot for your reply, much appreciated! I only need my Canadian Masters degree to get points in the Education category. I thought I need to submit my Bachelor as well specially to show an evidence that I am an Engineer, but I think I will not go for it since it is a waste of time and money. My application is almost complete and it will take at least one month to get the ECA report of my Bachelor degree.

All the bast and Happy New Year.

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is ua bachelors done outside Canada...?
If yes... Than you need to get that evaluated...
as one forum member faced the same issue...
his app was sent back...