+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Question

someguy17

May 2, 2021
Hi all,

I've seen a lot of posts about the post graduate diploma, and how to get the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" criteria for education. Just wanted to clarify once and for all, and whether anyone has had any success.

So far, I have already gotten ECA for an equivalent of Canada's Bachelor's degree (four years). So I'm looking for another quick diploma to fulfill the aforementioned criteria of 2+ diplomas.

I'm thinking of taking is this to try and fulfill this criteria: https://www.lsib.co.uk/course-details.aspx?CourseCode=L4-DC-ATHE&CourseTitle=Level+4+Diploma+in+Computing&subject=Computing&Award=Diploma
This course is 120 credits.

Here are my questions:
1. Will ATHE's Level 4 diploma in computing be able to satisfy this requirement?
2. Does my Bachelor's degree major matter? My major was in computer science (BSc), does it matter if I take the ATHE computing one?
3. Are there any other diplomas that you guys recommend?
4. How hard is the ATHE Level 4 diploma? Is it doable part-time in 6 months? What's the difference between the 6 month and 9 month one?

Would really appreciate if someone could clear these questions up, before I go ahead and commit myself to doing said diploma. Thanks a lot!