+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Question Two or More Certificates

Daniac93

Jun 17, 2019
Good day

I am trying to figure out what to do with the aim to possibly select two or more certificate, degree etc option for express entry points.

I have my Associates Degree (2years) completed in my home country and made a lateral move into my Bachelors Degree and was able to complete it in two years (Canadian degree)

1st question, I'm I required to get both accessed as one is Canadian and the agencies do not access Canadian degrees.

2nd If I get the associates degree accessed alone depending on what they say can I select the two or more option?

Has anyone been in a similar situation??

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Canadian degrees do not need an ECA, so you don't need to do anything there. You have a Canadian bachelor's, you'll get points for that. You won't get points for two of more degrees if your Canadian degree was completed in two years.

You'll get 120 points if you're single with a Canadian Bachelor's. 112 if you're married.

Daniac93

Jun 17, 2019
Thank you so much for your quick response
Canadian degrees do not need an ECA, so you don't need to do anything there. You have a Canadian bachelor's, you'll get points for that. You won't get points for two of more degrees if your Canadian degree was completed in two years.

You'll get 120 points if you're single with a Canadian Bachelor's. 112 if you're married.

Thank you so much for your quick response, However it was only completed in two years because of my lateral move. Do you think it is possible that it can be evaluated as my bachelors degree is a regular 3 year program and my associates is one year?.

Or would it be affected because of the years I put into the system?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you so much for your quick response

Thank you so much for your quick response, However it was only completed in two years because of my lateral move. Do you think it is possible that it can be evaluated as my bachelors degree is a regular 3 year program and my associates is one year?.

Or would it be affected because of the years I put into the system?
Hmm, I have no idea about this, sorry. Maybe someone else can help - I'd be interested to know more as well.

Daniac93

Jun 17, 2019
Hey, unfortunately in my case I was unable too not because it would not count as a second degree but because my degree was not recognized by Canada according to WES.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hey, unfortunately in my case I was unable too not because it would not count as a second degree but because my degree was not recognized by Canada according to WES.
umm...to claim 2 or more degrees/certificates, one has to have been a minimum of 3 years

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Sorry to hear that..
In my case, Ive studied 2yr college diploma from seneca college and transferred to bachelor in my home country university and got WES report as 4yr bachelor.

Do u think I can claim for 2 or more?
Are u still in process?...

Thanks!
could you be clearer? did you complete the 2-year diploma and get a certificate of completion? how long was the program in your home country?