+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA question about one-year graduate programs

nilaoyezhu

May 10, 2016
Hi all,

I am wondering how to accurately convert my ECA report in Express Entry. I have a four year bachelor degree, and a Postgraduate Certificate; both are from countries other than Canada.

I applied for WES evaluation of my studies in 2016, as I hoped to apply for Canadaian immigration with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees', which can significantly increase my points in EE ppol. However, WES completed the assessment before all of my documents was sent to them from my university, and mistakenly evaluated my graduate study as ''Postgraduate Diploma(One semester)'. I tried to contact WES many times for this issue, but they refused to change this result to a one-year graduate certificate or diploma. As this one-semester ECA could not let me apply with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees', I switched to another designated organization for a different ECA result.

The new ECA from the other organization just arrived yesterday, and its results of my Postgraduate Certificate are like this:
---------------------------
Credential1: Postgraduate Certificate
Institution: University XXXXX
Program: One-year full-time equivalent graduate program in town and country planning
Normal basis of Admission: Minimum of an honours bachelor degree (considered comparable to four years of undergraduate study)
Document Authentication: Examination of official documents received directly from issuing institution

COMPARABLE LEVEL OF EDUCATION IN CANADA

Credential:
Graduate Certificate

As you can see from these information, one-year full time has been included. In the ECA conversion page of CIC , we can find that Graduate Certificate exists in the PLUS part of 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' section.

What I want to confirm is that, with this new ECA, can I apply with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' and get the extra points in EE?

Thank you very much.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
nilaoyezhu said:
Hi all,

I am wondering how to accurately convert my ECA report in Express Entry. I have a four year bachelor degree, and a Postgraduate Certificate; both are from countries other than Canada.

I applied for WES evaluation of my studies in 2016, as I hoped to apply for Canadaian immigration with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees', which can significantly increase my points in EE ppol. However, WES completed the assessment before all of my documents was sent to them from my university, and mistakenly evaluated my graduate study as ''Postgraduate Diploma(One semester)'. I tried to contact WES many times for this issue, but they refused to change this result to a one-year graduate certificate or diploma. As this one-semester ECA could not let me apply with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees', I switched to another designated organization for a different ECA result.

The new ECA from the other organization just arrived yesterday, and its results of my Postgraduate Certificate are like this:
Program: One-year full-time equivalent graduate program in town and country planning
Normal basis of Admission: Minimum of an honours bachelor degree (considered comparable to four years of undergraduate study)
Document Authentication: Examination of official documents received directly from issuing institution

Credential:
Graduate Certificate

As you can see from these information, one-year full time has been included. In the ECA conversion page of CIC , we can find that Graduate Certificate exists in the PLUS part of 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' section.

What I want to confirm is that, with this new ECA, can I apply with 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' and get the extra points in EE?

Thank you very much.
If the bachelor degree was also evaluated as being equivalent to a Canadian bachelor degree, then yes, you can claim 'Two or more certificates'.

Reactions: FAIZAFAISAL

Elledeux

Mar 31, 2017
nilaoyezhu said:
Hi all,

Credential:
Graduate Certificate

Thank you very much.
May I ask which organisation you used for the second ECA?

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
Hi All,

can i claim points for two or more degrees? with below credentials ?

1. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)

nilaoyezhu

May 10, 2016
Hi All,

1. Credential

2. Credential

Maybe you can try some evaluation agencies other than WES.

FAIZAFAISAL

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Hi All,

1. Credential

2. Credential

Hi,
I don't think you can gain credentials with the WES eca but you can with the ICES report as it says one year graduation certificate.