+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA query

Jun 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,hope you all are doing well! I have received response from WES on my educational credential and my degree is recognized as Masters. However in my report they have added a remark : "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above".
I wanted to know if this would cause any issues with the application also what needs to be done to get this resolved I had raised a query with WES on this....but i haven't received a satisfactory response Below is the response i got from them:

World Education Services (WES) issues evaluation reports with the name you entered on your application. Our reports also indicate the name on the academic documents we received for each credential evaluated. If the institution made a mistake in your name, please ask them to correct your name in their records and send the revised official documents directly to WES.

Upon receipt, we will review your documents and update your evaluation report as warranted.

As per me...my first name and last name is same on all the educational documents submitted, WES form that i had submitted and my passport document.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Appreciate if anyone knows about this and can help.
Hard to really say anything based on the information you provided.

However, maybe check for any discrepancies in your ID document, your online application, and degree certificate/marklists/transcripts. This could be in the order of names or spelling or maybe initials. Having a second pair of eyes look at it may help. If everything is really in order, you should try to present everything to WES and ask them to show where the issue is.

All the best.

Cansyed

May 13, 2020
Bangalore
Hello Gauri,

I had similar applications and that did not cause any issue. CIC officers will check your education documents and the passport copy. If there is any discrepancy in the name then you may chose to execute an affidavit mentioning both names as one person name only.

Reactions: Gauri_Nadkarni