+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - only the highst degree is really enough?

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi all,

I have a non-Canada master (from a legitimate/good ranking/reputable university at UK) and a bachelor (from home). Because it's a pain in the back to arrange stuff to be sent from my bachelor's university at home to WES, can I just get my master's ECA?

I know that technically the EE requirement for ECA report is that I can assess only my highest degree (my master in this case), but we still need to report on the EE profile our post-secondary education history. That includes my bachelor degree though I will indicate that I do not arrange an ECA assessment for this degree.

How likely is it that CIC comes back to me and says 'hey good work on the master ECA. Now show me the Bachelor ECA just for checking because we are interested for whatever reason'?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

I have a non-Canada master (from a legitimate/good ranking/reputable university at UK) and a bachelor (from home). Because it's a pain in the back to arrange stuff to be sent from my bachelor's university at home to WES, can I just get my master's ECA?

I know that technically the EE requirement for ECA report is that I can assess only my highest degree (my master in this case), but we still need to report on the EE profile our post-secondary education history. That includes my bachelor degree though I will indicate that I do not arrange an ECA assessment for this degree.

How likely is it that CIC comes back to me and say 'hey good work on the master ECA. Now show me the Bachelor ECA just for checking because we are interested for whatever reason'?

Thanks!
CIC just cares about your highest degree. If you are sure your Masters will be evaluated as a Canadian equivalent of Masters degree, go ahead with it.

Reactions: dannyhcean

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

How likely is it that CIC comes back to me and say 'hey good work on the master ECA. Now show me the Bachelor ECA just for checking because we are interested for whatever reason'?

Thanks!
Get the highest degree assessed only and they are not going to come back to you asking the ECA for bachelors. You are all set to take off without Bachelors !

Good luck, no worries !

Reactions: dannyhcean