+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - MBA Executive (Pakistan)

wajihshaikh

Mar 18, 2018
Hi All,

Just a quick question. I will be grateful if anyone can help me in this regard.

I have applied for the Canada immigration and got my ECA done from IQAS but in return, they replied that they have considered my 2 years MBA (Executive) equivalent to 4 years Bachelor degree, and this is affecting my overall score badly.

My spouse and other batch mates had a same MBA program and their masters degree was considered as a 2 years master by IQAS. The only difference is that the word "Executive" is not written over their degree though its a same Executive program which I had. I have appealed to IQAS and to my university as well with all the relevant documentation and proofs but have not got the reply yet.

Now, I'm thinking to get the ECA done through WES. Do you guys think its worthwhile to go for WES for the same identified reason? Does WES consider my MBA Executive degree as 2 years master?

Please help. Thanks.

m.umair

Jan 28, 2019
Hi All,

Just a quick question. I will be grateful if anyone can help me in this regard.

I have applied for the Canada immigration and got my ECA done from IQAS but in return, they replied that they have considered my 2 years MBA (Executive) equivalent to 4 years Bachelor degree, and this is affecting my overall score badly.

My spouse and other batch mates had a same MBA program and their masters degree was considered as a 2 years master by IQAS. The only difference is that the word "Executive" is not written over their degree though its a same Executive program which I had. I have appealed to IQAS and to my university as well with all the relevant documentation and proofs but have not got the reply yet.

Now, I'm thinking to get the ECA done through WES. Do you guys think its worthwhile to go for WES for the same identified reason? Does WES consider my MBA Executive degree as 2 years master?

Please help. Thanks.

Hi Wajih, Have you goty any response from IQAS ?? As I am having the same issue

amin_muhammad

Jul 25, 2017
similar issue with me too..
i did my ECA with IQAS.
I have done my B.Com from Karachi university (2 years) and my evening MBA from Karachi in 3-1/2 years which include PGD (post graduate Diploma) as well. IQAS gave equivalency of four year BBA to me

I feel is this low ranking and not correct. Any suggestions:
a) have they given me correct ranking?
b) Do i apply with WES or UOT to get better ranking?
c) should i challenge their ranking and what's the process?