+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA (Important)

Natasha7

Mar 17, 2021
Hi Guys,

I am having a lot of confusion regarding this, so I decided to ask this here. Please help if you can -

I am from India and have completed my B.Com and MBA both distance learning. For ECA, which authority should I choose? WES or IQAS or any other?

Note - As per the WES equivalency tool - I have 4 year Bachelor Degree + 1 Year post graduate diploma which gives me total 128 CRS points where as if I am able to make assess my Post graduate by IQAS or other agency, I will have 135 CRS points. I want these 7 points because that will make my CRS to 469 points.

p.s. - IQAS is not working properly. Whenever I try to create my IQAS application, the website shows the error "IQAS daily limit has been reached."

Please tell me, what should I do. Thanks in advance. :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IQAS will most likely give you the points for a MBA. Filing with IQAS is difficult as there is a backlog and they only take so many submissions per day. You have to try each day. Processing is around 31 weeks or was a few months ago. WES is faster but your MBA may not be assessed as such.

Last edited:

Natasha7

Mar 17, 2021
IQAS will most likely give you the points for a MBA. Filing with IQAS is difficult as there is a backlog and they only take so many submissions per day. You have to try each day. Processing is around 31 weeks or was a few months ago. WES is faster but your MBA may not be assessed as such.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is the main concern. I will have 7 less CRS points if I go with WES, which is crucial (469 points vs 462 points).
Should I go with any other agency? Any opinion on that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is the main concern. I will have 7 less CRS points if I go with WES, which is crucial (469 points vs 462 points).
Should I go with any other agency? Any opinion on that?
There are other ECAs other than IQAS and WES. Research each. Your decision.