01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hi,
My edu qualifications
BA (3 years) from IGNOU
PGDM (equivalent to MBA, accredited by AIU and AICTE)
I have received my ECA from WES recently and I received only a bachelors equivalency for my masters here in India. The same course is awarded a masters equivalency by WES for my friend. When I enquired about the same i recieved the following response from them.
'WES establishes its equivalency for master’s degrees earned at an Indian university that require a three-year bachelor’s degree for admission on quality indicators related to the underlying bachelor’s degree. Master’s degrees that build on a three-year bachelor’s degree awarded in the First Division by a National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) “A” grade are regarded as comparable to a postgraduate diploma (one year). All others are regarded as comparable to a Canadian bachelor’s degree".
Since IGNOU is not accredited by NAAC, WES gave only bachelors equivalency for MBA. Is there any chance I receive a Masters equivalency if i go with IQAS.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi,
My edu qualifications
BA (3 years) from IGNOU
PGDM (equivalent to MBA, accredited by AIU and AICTE)
I have received my ECA from WES recently and I received only a bachelors equivalency for my masters here in India. The same course is awarded a masters equivalency by WES for my friend. When I enquired about the same i recieved the following response from them.
'WES establishes its equivalency for master’s degrees earned at an Indian university that require a three-year bachelor’s degree for admission on quality indicators related to the underlying bachelor’s degree. Master’s degrees that build on a three-year bachelor’s degree awarded in the First Division by a National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) “A” grade are regarded as comparable to a postgraduate diploma (one year). All others are regarded as comparable to a Canadian bachelor’s degree".
Since IGNOU is not accredited by NAAC, WES gave only bachelors equivalency for MBA. Is there any chance I receive a Masters equivalency if i go with IQAS.

Hi, Did you get your Masters evaluated after this? I am also in the same situation. Please help

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hi, Did you get your Masters evaluated after this? I am also in the same situation. Please help
No..i got it as bachelors only... the reason they told was my base degree of BA is from IGNOU which is not a NAAC accredited University. There for the subsequent MBA will be considered as bachelors only .. Moreover, as of now WES is considering all the MBAs from India as One year diploma onla..better try with IQAS (I have applied, expecting the result by April)

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
No..i got it as bachelors only... the reason they told was my base degree of BA is from IGNOU which is not a NAAC accredited University. There for the subsequent MBA will be considered as bachelors only .. Moreover, as of now WES is considering all the MBAs from India as One year diploma onla..better try with IQAS (I have applied, expecting the result by April)
Yes, so, my bachelor is from Delhi University for 3 years and WES has considered it as bachelor only. But for my MASTER IN ARTS IN ENGLISH HONS from IGNOU, WES is considering it as bachelors only. If I get evaluation done from IQAS or ICAS, will they consider it as Masters?

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Yes, so, my bachelor is from Delhi University for 3 years and WES has considered it as bachelor only. But for my MASTER IN ARTS IN ENGLISH HONS from IGNOU, WES is considering it as bachelors only. If I get evaluation done from IQAS or ICAS, will they consider it as Masters?
IQAS would be your best bet...

im_joe

Jun 8, 2019
Hi,
Can anyone advise me pls.
The issue is, I did my Bachelor's Degree (B.Com) from IGNOU which is 3 years programme and Post Graduate Degree (MBA) from University of Calicut, Kerala which is 2 years full time programme. Do i need to do the evaluation for both degrees? Does the score change if i apply only for MBA(PG)? I have heard that the score i get will be same whether i include Bachelor's Degree or not. and, Is IGNOU recognized in ECA process?
hello is the consolidated marksheet enough because ignou does not provide year wise marksheet......but i have their official transcript will this be enough for the VISA office...because some other universities provide year wise marksheets

Tanu0619

Dec 8, 2019
What was your result through IQAS? Was your MBA from IGNOU equated to a Masters or a diploma ?