+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - How to get transcript from EDEXCEL

Sherondeena

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

If anybody who has sent their transcript to BTEC HND from EDEXCEL to WES advice me on how to do it?
is it through https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk.
If yes what is the type do is it replacement certificate or certifying statement of result or letter of confirmation.
I am confused whether to select qualification confirmation service or the replacement service as only the replacement service provide a detailed transcript?

Crystal0002

May 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
05-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-05-2018
Hi,

If anybody who has sent their transcript to BTEC HND from EDEXCEL to WES advice me on how to do it?
is it through https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk.
If yes what is the type do is it replacement certificate or certifying statement of result or letter of confirmation.
I am confused whether to select qualification confirmation service or the replacement service as only the replacement service provide a detailed transcript?
I did a replacement senT to WES because it has both the transcript and the certificate.
Best of luck

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,
Thank you very much. Could you please tell me whether you used the https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk..If so they have asked the contact number for WES.what is the contact number for WES? Please advice me.
Yes you need to go Pearson website to request your result. Edexcel was acquired by Pearson few years ago. Here are the steps to follow-

1. go to https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/replacement-certificates.html and read the whole page. you will see standard service on the left and priority service on the right side. priority service is not applicable to you. standard service provides replacement certificate, send results to third party and issues a letter to explain the result. the last one result explanation is only for people qualified on a vocational course which is no longer available so it does not applicable to you.
2. at the bottom of the page you will see a link for application form. click that.
3. before you start your application you need to create wes account and pay fees, make sure you write edexcel as the educational institute for your HND. you will get your wes reference number. download transcript request form and fill up it and scan it.
4. go to http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Special-requirements/Pearson-RC-Consent-Form.pdf download, fill up and scan it.
5. on the pearson application page select placement certificate standard service £43. This service will give you both certificate and notication of performance.
6. only fill up which are starred (*). you can add additional info if you wish. I have added "Please include WES ref no:---------".
7. next page is for delivery info. write wes details. Phone: 4169720070. you can tick the express delivery charge £20.
8. following page is card holder page. if you are the card holder and your name on the card exactly matches with your application name then tick the box "same as qualification name". but if you are not the card holder or your name differs then you will have to upload a passport copy of the card holder (yours, if name differs) on the next page.
9. this page will ask you to upload a photo ID- (uk driving licence, passport etc.) of the card holder. and you will see another four placeholders to upload additional documents. upload wes request form and pearson consent form here. click next it will take you to payment page. pay the fees and you will get a reference number. you can track progress of your application using this number. usually it takes about 3 weeks before they send the documents but now due to Christmas and new year vacation it will take longer i am afraid. you will find the link to track the application on https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/replacement-certificates.html#tab-ReplacementCertificates

if you find technical difficulties to fill up or paying fees then first make sure you do the following:
  • You’re using a PC or Laptop and not a handheld device (e.g. tablet, smartphone)
  • Try using a different search browser
  • Ensure that you’ve entered the correct card details.
  • You’ve uploaded your ID if you were prompted.
  • Pearson only accepts payments from credit card and debit card (Mastercard and Visa only, not AMEX).
If none of these methods work, send an email to students@pearson.com so they can assist you further. Their replacement certificate team regularly send documents to WES so they know the whole procedure. don't worry.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: Nattysingh

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Yes you need to go Pearson website to request your result. Edexcel was acquired by Pearson few years ago. Here are the steps to follow-

1. go to https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/replacement-certificates.html and read the whole page. you will see standard service on the left and priority service on the right side. priority service is not applicable to you. standard service provides replacement certificate, send results to third party and issues a letter to explain the result. the last one result explanation is only for people qualified on a vocational course which is no longer available so it does not applicable to you.
2. at the bottom of the page you will see a link for application form. click that.
3. before you start your application you need to create wes account and pay fees, make sure you write edexcel as the educational institute for your HND. you will get your wes reference number. download transcript request form and fill up it and scan it.
4. go to http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Special-requirements/Pearson-RC-Consent-Form.pdf download, fill up and scan it.
5. on the pearson application page select placement certificate standard service £43. This service will give you both certificate and notication of performance.
6. only fill up which are starred (*). you can add additional info if you wish. I have added "Please include WES ref no:---------".
7. next page is for delivery info. write wes details. Phone: 4169720070. you can tick the express delivery charge £20.
8. following page is card holder page. if you are the card holder and your name on the card exactly matches with your application name then tick the box "same as qualification name". but if you are not the card holder or your name differs then you will have to upload a passport copy of the card holder (yours, if name differs) on the next page.
9. this page will ask you to upload a photo ID- (uk driving licence, passport etc.) of the card holder. and you will see another four placeholders to upload additional documents. upload wes request form and pearson consent form here. click next it will take you to payment page. pay the fees and you will get a reference number. you can track progress of your application using this number. usually it takes about 3 weeks before they send the documents but now due to Christmas and new year vacation it will take longer i am afraid. you will find the link to track the application on https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/replacement-certificates.html#tab-ReplacementCertificates

if you find technical difficulties to fill up or paying fees then first make sure you do the following:
  • You’re using a PC or Laptop and not a handheld device (e.g. tablet, smartphone)
  • Pearson only accepts payments from credit card and debit card (Mastercard and Visa only, not AMEX).
If none of these methods work, send an email to students@pearson.com so they can assist you further. Their replacement certificate team regularly send documents to WES so they know the whole procedure. don't worry.

Hi, did you get an ECA for your diploma? Was it OND or HND? I too have an OND diploma but haven't applied for an ECA. I am not sure if it can fetch me two or more degrees points.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi, did you get an ECA for your diploma? Was it OND or HND? I too have an OND diploma but haven't applied for an ECA. I am not sure if it can fetch me two or more degrees points.
I haven't got the result yet but I know the outcome. I have done HND from UK, it is equivalent to Canadian 2 years diploma program below degree level. We cannot claim "two or more degree" points with that because it is not post graduate course. IRCC specifically mentions when we can claim "two or more".

Please check this.-
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

As you can see, HND is a two year diploma which is below degree level does not fit to the above criteria, so we will not get points for "two or more".

Good Luck!

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
I haven't got the result yet but I know the outcome. I have done HND from UK, it is equivalent to Canadian 2 years diploma program below degree level. We cannot claim "two or more degree" points with that because it is not post graduate course. IRCC specifically mentions when we can claim "two or more".

Please check this.-
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS
any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

As you can see, HND is a two year diploma which is below degree level does not fit to the above criteria, so we will not get points for "two or more".

Good Luck!
Oh.. thanks for clarifying.

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
Hi All, Appreciate your advice on this :

I have +ve assessment from WES for my bachelor degree, I did also the IELTS. my current CRS is 427. I intend to take a certificate or diploma from pearson in Dubai. Does any one know if doing so could fetch me 2 degree points ? some certifications/ diploma from Edexel can take from 1- 3 months which could be great way of increasing score. Any one knows if this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed

Reactions: Jacob james

Penthan

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,
I followed the procedure below to send my transcript to WES and it was delivered on 9th of March. However, WES has not accepted the document with the reason that it was not sent by the awarding body.. Please what can i do?

Reason: The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES.

Although, i have call WES and also fax my correspondence with pearson to them. Anyone has this issue before?

Reactions: trkm93

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
As per Edexcel (Pearson) - Our standard service provides official confirmation of your results which we aim to dispatch within 20 working days. But does this take longer than the said days? Normally how long does it take Edexcel to change the status of the application?

RRA@88

May 24, 2018

Hi,

I just wanted to know whether BTEC HNC diploma (EDEXCEL) is accepted for WES evaluation. If it is yes, then I will apply for Replacement certificates and transcript.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

I just wanted to know whether BTEC HNC diploma (EDEXCEL) is accepted for WES evaluation. If it is yes, then I will apply for Replacement certificates and transcript.

Hi,

Higher National Certificate - 1 year of full-time study or 2 years of part-time study. Generally compares to the completion of a two-year post-secondary Diploma. - as per table on IQAS

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-united-kingdom.aspx

Hope this helps.

All the best!

ramiz11

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I have completed my Pearson BTEC post graduation diploma (UK) after that i get advance entry for MBA in UK. Now i have MBA degree from very known University from UK. In my MBA i only completed thesis and on mark sheet it only says i have completed research methods with university rest of my MBA got exempted. Now do i need to send only MBA Degree and transcript or need to send post graduate diploma as well??
need help

Aydotted

Mar 6, 2016