+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from WES for US PhD holder

canwan

Dec 28, 2014
Hi, I am looking to get my ECA done from WES. I have a PhD from a reputed US school and was curious if just supplying the credentials of my PhD would be sufficient, in other words do I still have to supply my bachelors credentials (the only reason I ask is its hard for me to get my Bachelors documents, its been a while) . The WES guys are not very helpful, they said that we can only verify what you supply.

Obviously my goal is to get as many points as possible given my education. Did anyone else have a similar situation, curious what people did esp. people with PhD's?

Thanks

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
canwan said:
Hi, I am looking to get my ECA done from WES. I have a PhD from a reputed US school and was curious if just supplying the credentials of my PhD would be sufficient, in other words do I still have to supply my bachelors credentials (the only reason I ask is its hard for me to get my Bachelors documents, its been a while) . The WES guys are not very helpful, they said that we can only verify what you supply.

Obviously my goal is to get as many points as possible given my education. Did anyone else have a similar situation, curious what people did esp. people with PhD's?

Thanks
You only need to assess the highest degree although you could assess all the post-secondary degrees if you want. One reason why one might want to assess the second highest degree along with the highest degree is as a backup in case the highest degree is not found to be equivalent to a completed Canadian degree. But degrees from accredited universities in the US will almost always be equivalent to corresponding Canadian degrees. So, the choice is yours really.

briandg

Jan 8, 2015
canwan said:

Thanks

you can send all your degrees, wes will not charge extra.....and they will give all the results in one report