+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from IQAS

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Hi

Does anyone have any idea how to apply for the ECA thru IQAS.
They have asked for the Original Documents or Photocopies of the documents attested by the Notary or Attornery of Law. But wen we select the drop down arrow about the Notary, (all the notary mentioned are in Canada)

It is quite risky to send the Originals.

Any suggestions to apply for ECA as my degree from Sikkim Manipal University is not recognised in WES and CES and ICAS takes 26 weeks to get the ECA done.

Reactions: er.chiragkhurana

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IQAS never asks for originals. They need transcripts sent in a sealed envelope from university sent directly to them or collected by you from university and sent to them.
You will get your report within 10 to 14 days.

fperk_83 said:
Hi

Does anyone have any idea how to apply for the ECA thru IQAS.
They have asked for the Original Documents or Photocopies of the documents attested by the Notary or Attornery of Law. But wen we select the drop down arrow about the Notary, (all the notary mentioned are in Canada)

It is quite risky to send the Originals.

Any suggestions to apply for ECA as my degree from Sikkim Manipal University is not recognised in WES and CES and ICAS takes 26 weeks to get the ECA done.

Reactions: er.chiragkhurana

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Hi
In the website it is clearly mentioned that they need Originals or Photocopies to be attested by the Notary or by the meber of the OAth..
I had taken the printout along with me

Regards

Fperk_83

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fperk_83 said:
Hi
In the website it is clearly mentioned that they need Originals or Photocopies to be attested by the Notary or by the meber of the OAth..
I had taken the printout along with me

Regards

Fperk_83
The following is IQAS website and where does it ask for original documents or attestation by notary?
http://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Yes, they have updated the Website now and they do not require the Originals. Only the photocopy

iamkentoy_84

Jan 29, 2017
Hi fellow applicants. By any chance, have you heard of any delays in IQAS? I received an email from them re: receipt of my docs on Jan12. It has been over 10 business days now and I still have not received any updates from them about the results. Worried applicant here. ☹☹☹

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Hi,
I have already got my ECA from IQAS, as my documents were submitted by the university during December 3 rd week, (which was a christmas closing) i got my ECA only by 3rd week of January

Once you receive an email from IQAS with a new reference no, they will process it ASAP, unless the documents were not clear

Reactions: grizsvasquez

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
jairichi said:
IQAS never asks for originals. They need transcripts sent in a sealed envelope from university sent directly to them or collected by you from university and sent to them.
I have Bachelor s which needs to be evaluated ...But Wes needs transcripts attested so I am going with ICAS....Is there any downside to choosing iacs to Wes

I don't want to waste time going to my college which is in another town to get transcripts attested

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
jairichi said:
In iacs website it is mentioned that photocopies are enough .. So I think going with it is better

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Hi

Even in IQAS, they do not need the original only the photocopies, but the Original Transcripts have to be couriered by the university directly.
I am not aware about ICES, but got the review (not sure completely) that it takes a long time.

WES and CES are good.

Where are you located ??

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
fperk_83 said:
Hi

Even in IQAS, they do not need the original only the photocopies, but the Original Transcripts have to be couriered by the university directly.
I am not aware about ICES, but got the review (not sure completely) that it takes a long time.

WES and CES are good.

Where are you located ??
India
But I heard very bad reviews about WES

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
srikar138899 said:
India
But I heard very bad reviews about WES
WES is much faster than ICAS. Many of us have used WES with no issues, off late they are little delayed but not as bad as ICAS.

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
And as IQAS has mentioned that they will issue credential within 10 working days, I got it done with IQAS. For me it took 3 weeks
And also IQAS is approved by CIC, so there would be no problem

Yes, I have heard a bad review of ICAS, where one person got his ECA after 6 months..WES and CES also takes some time.