+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - From INDIA

Shebin.George

May 28, 2019
Bangalore, India
Hi,

I have a 4 years MS.IT degree from Vellore Institute of Technology, which was completed while I was working with an MNC on the same time(2013-2017). The university says, the M. Tech equivalency certificate can be provided while doing the ECA process. Here,
1. Will this be evaluated as "Masters" in ECA ?
2. To which organization should I send this documents ? (WES/ICES/IQAS/ or any other)

Kindly guide me through! :)

Rambo0007

May 28, 2019
Hi,

I have a 4 years MS.IT degree from Vellore Institute of Technology, which was completed while I was working with an MNC on the same time(2013-2017). The university says, the M. Tech equivalency certificate can be provided while doing the ECA process. Here,
2. To which organization should I send this documents ? (WES/ICES/IQAS/ or any other)

Hi,
You will get all the necessary information on below link
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-documents-to-be-sent-for-wes.633971/

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

Yes, it will be evaluated as Masters.

You should go with WES, WES's processing time is shorter than ICES and IQAS.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you so much for the help! :)

Is it possible to secure a job before getting the ITA ? I am a software engineer with 2.6 years of experience.
It is possible but very difficult, chances are almost nil. Your job offer should be LMIA compliant for you to be able to get points for the job.

You should aim for a high IELTS band score. CLB 9 or 10 with a masters and 2.6 years of experience should be able to get you a CRS of 453 or 456, which would be more than enough for you to get an ITA.

Shebin.George

May 28, 2019
Bangalore, India
Thank you! I have scored CLB 9 already.
Our company have project opportunities in Canada, which is available for PR holders only. Is there any way I can use this for increasing CRS points ?
And as I worried, the CRS scores are going high only! :(

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you! I have scored CLB 9 already.
Our company have project opportunities in Canada, which is available for PR holders only. Is there any way I can use this for increasing CRS points ?
And as I worried, the CRS scores are going high only! :(
No, you can't use that to increase your CRS points.

Shebin.George

May 28, 2019
Bangalore, India
Hi, I had one more query.

I have worked full time from monday to friday, 9.5+ hours daily and attended the classes on weekends for four years. (2013-2017).
When I left the company I got the testimony that states, I have worked for 4 years as "Student - in Computer Applications", without mentioning my job duties and responsibilities. It was already said that, they will not provide any experience letter too. Can I use this testimony to prove that I have 4 years experience in software industry ?

Reactions: Shravany

Shravany

Mar 6, 2020
Hi, I had one more query.

I have worked full time from monday to friday, 9.5+ hours daily and attended the classes on weekends for four years. (2013-2017).
When I left the company I got the testimony that states, I have worked for 4 years as "Student - in Computer Applications", without mentioning my job duties and responsibilities. It was already said that, they will not provide any experience letter too. Can I use this testimony to prove that I have 4 years experience in software industry ?
Hi Shebin,

I also fall under the same category. Did you get any solution for this?
Also did your Integrated Mtech is evaluated as Masters by WES for ECA?

Please help in this regard.

Last edited: