+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for UK 1 Year Top Up Degree

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have done a 2 year HND (Higher National Diploma) in Computing from Edexel, London and got direct admission in final year of BSc Hons. in Computing in University of Wolverhampton, UK. My certificate says I have completed BSc in Computing with Hons (does not mention any year), however my transcript mentions I have got credits for prior learning (which is from my hnd) and completed modules of final year. as far as I know my 1 year top degree is equivalent of any normal UK degree.
For ECA do I have to send both HND and Degree certificates or just the degree certificate? what will be the outcome? will they consider my top up degree as equivalent to Canadian university degree? please provide me any information regarding this, it will be a great help. Thanks in advance.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have done a 2 year HND (Higher National Diploma) in Computing from Edexel, London and got direct admission in final year of BSc Hons. in Computing in University of Wolverhampton, UK. My certificate says I have completed BSc in Computing with Hons (does not mention any year), however my transcript mentions I have got credits for prior learning (which is from my hnd) and completed modules of final year. as far as I know my 1 year top degree is equivalent of any normal UK degree.
For ECA do I have to send both HND and Degree certificates or just the degree certificate? what will be the outcome? will they consider my top up degree as equivalent to Canadian university degree? please provide me any information regarding this, it will be a great help. Thanks in advance.
Hi, Mine was the same as yours. My ECA was:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

Dear olipearce1987,

Could you please explain me the procedure of getting it done? as per my understandings-
1. Create account with WES and pay fees
2. Send copies of my certificates to WES
3. Request Edexel to send WES my HND transcript and University of Wolverhampton to send my degree transcript.
4. WES will evaluate my documents and provide me equivalent certificate.

Now could you kindly let me know how you did your one? Did you pay any fees for transcript and postage to the UK authorities? if possible please let me know exact order that you had to follow for it.
Thanks for your patience and reply.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Dear olipearce1987,

Could you please explain me the procedure of getting it done? as per my understandings-
1. Create account with WES and pay fees
2. Send copies of my certificates to WES
3. Request Edexel to send WES my HND transcript and University of Wolverhampton to send my degree transcript.

Now could you kindly let me know how you did your one? Did you pay any fees for transcript and postage to the UK authorities? if possible please let me know exact order that you had to follow for it.
Hi, I will try and help, but was well over a year ago I did mine:

Dear olipearce1987,

1. Create account with WES and pay fees - Yes
2. Send copies of my certificates to WES - Sent photo copies of my with the application, but university sends the actually copies directly to them
3. Request Edexel to send WES my HND transcript and University of Wolverhampton to send my degree transcript. - yes you can do this through their websites. Edexcel are easy to use. Most university's are familiar with the process so should be easy.

Now could you kindly let me know how you did your one? Did you pay any fees for transcript and postage to the UK authorities? if possible please let me know exact order that you had to follow for it. - complete the WES online stuff and then request it all from the relevant university/board. these places will charge you for copies to be sent to WES

Reactions: ishq74

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thank you so much. This has cleared a lot of questions from my mind.
One final suggestion from you please, could you kindly let me know, which educational qualification option you did select during EE profile creation? Did you select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
Thanks once again.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Thank you so much. This has cleared a lot of questions from my mind.
One final suggestion from you please, could you kindly let me know, which educational qualification option you did select during EE profile creation? Did you select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
Thanks once again.
I did select two or more and my application is currently in process. however you can only really select it once you have your results.

Reactions: ishq74

Mrshaks

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
I did select two or more and my application is currently in process. however you can only really select it once you have your results.
Hello, have you completed your application? We're you successful with selecting 2 or more certicate. I have the same qualications and I am about complete my ECA.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
I did the same too and mine was evaluated as: diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
However in order to be eligible for the "Two or more" criteria the Diploma should be of at least a postgraduate diploma level as mentioned by CIC.
Hope this helps

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I did the same too and mine was evaluated as: diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
However in order to be eligible for the "Two or more" criteria the Diploma should be of at least a postgraduate diploma level as mentioned by CIC.
Hope this helps
I was newbie back then hence asked the question. Your assumption is wrong. Ofcourse you will be awarded points for "two or more program". Rule never said one must be post graduate course. Please read our post here-

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6939251

Good Luck!

rishat

Jul 24, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I was newbie back then hence asked the question. Your assumption is wrong. Ofcourse you will be awarded points for "two or more program". Rule never said one must be post graduate course. Please read our post here-

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6939251

Good Luck!
Many thanks for your response. I have also a similar case. I did study on HND from Bangladesh and it was two years of Higher National Diploma in accounting. Then I have directly topped up on the third year of Heriot-Watt University, UK in the bachelor of business administration program. Just a question, while filling the WES from, should I choose the country of Education UK? Or Bangladesh? I believe it is UK as my main institution is situated in the UK.

tuhin-007

May 18, 2019
Bangladesh

Could you plese let me know, which degree did you select when you done the ECA as WES doesn't have any option for HND OR TOP up degree.
Your reply will be highly appricable.
Thanks

Rihan77

May 25, 2019

I have completed my HND in Dubai. When you apply for the Wes, if we are to put edxcel as the institution what would be the country of education. Is UK or Dubai

Rihan77

May 25, 2019
Many thanks for your response. I have also a similar case. I did study on HND from Bangladesh and it was two years of Higher National Diploma in accounting. Then I have directly topped up on the third year of Heriot-Watt University, UK in the bachelor of business administration program. Just a question, while filling the WES from, should I choose the country of Education UK? Or Bangladesh? I believe it is UK as my main institution is situated in the UK.
Hi bro
Did you apply for the Wes. What have you given for the country of education. Did you get the report.

bibi92

Jun 29, 2019

Hello, I have a question, please. Did they convert your only top up degree as a bachelor's degree (4 years)? because I am interested in moving there and I need points to get a visa.