+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Spouse - Name Confusion ! ! ? ? ?

Sagar Jain

Dec 8, 2014
Hello All Experts,

I am registering for my wife's ECA on WES website. I have doubt where I should register her with before marriage name which is written on all marksheets and certificates or after marriage name ?

How WES and CIC will understand this ? PLEASE HELP EXPERTS YOUR VIEWS AND GUIDANCE IS APPRECIATED.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sagar.

DesireCA

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2253, CRS-432
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Sagar Jain said:
Hello All Experts,

I am registering for my wife's ECA on WES website. I have doubt where I should register her with before marriage name which is written on all marksheets and certificates or after marriage name ?

How WES and CIC will understand this ? PLEASE HELP EXPERTS YOUR VIEWS AND GUIDANCE IS APPRECIATED.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sagar.
I wrote after marriage name, as I will use after marriage name in CIC forms. Same may be applicable to you. WES have an option to indicate name change and to include proof (eg: Marriage Certificate).

Sagar Jain

Dec 8, 2014
Hello DesireCA,

Thank you for quick reply. I can see on "Personal Info" Tab option like "Do your documents include a previous name that has been changed?" and clicking on YES it gives you facility to enter previous name.

But I don't see the option for an "Attachment" ? so where I can attach marriage certificate ? Can you please help / guide in this. That will be a great help.

+1 for you.

Regards,

Sagar.

Sagar Jain

Dec 8, 2014
DesireCA said:
I wrote after marriage name, as I will use after marriage name in CIC forms. Same may be applicable to you. WES have an option to indicate name change and to include proof (eg: Marriage Certificate).
Hello DesireCA,

Do we need to put marriage certificate photocopy in main big envelope ?

and do we need to provide an covering letter stating why I am putting marriage certificate in this envelope ?

As you have done this process, your guidance will be very much appreciable on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sagar....

abhicool

Nov 26, 2014
yes... i think u should do that!!

and send colour photocopy of ur PASSPORT it will cover as a IDENTITY Proof

DesireCA

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2253, CRS-432
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Sagar Jain said:
Hello DesireCA,

Do we need to put marriage certificate photocopy in main big envelope ? As you wish, In a main big envelope or the envelope which contain your documents (by you).

and do we need to provide an covering letter stating why I am putting marriage certificate in this envelope ? No need to add any cover letter, When you select option for another name they will be notified.

As you have done this process, your guidance will be very much appreciable on this. My file is under process. May be sent doc by the mid of Janurary 2015.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sagar....