+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA For Online Masters Degree (MSc)

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Mona, I'm sorry you found my question confusing and poorly structured. I'm a native English speaker, and I find that my question was conveyed fairly, and in turn you were able to give me an extremely helpful response, for which I am thankful. Perhaps you got a bit lost amongst the varying levels of my many questions, so I apologise for the confusion.

Thank you so much for the info, its given me great confidence to go forward.
Point #3 gives the most points, but sadly comes down to affordability so we will consider it, otherwise we'll go for point #4.

I wish you the best!
For point 3, in order to do a master's top up why are depending on the expensive option of LSIB. go ahead with LGS (London Graduate School) Please note this is possible only if level 7 is from OTHM.

Reactions: EllaG92

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
For point 3, in order to do a master's top up why are depending on the expensive option of LSIB. go ahead with LGS (London Graduate School) Please note this is possible only if level 7 is from OTHM.
awesome, thank you for your assistance

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hi mona247 and all ,

Thanks for sharing info on this, it has been very useful.

I am also planning to take a Online route to complete my education faster and cheaper. The Diploma7 plus MBA Top-up should cost around £ 4000 ( £ 3850 for the Top-up) and I thought the LSIB would also be the around the same. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
Hi mona247 and all ,

Thanks for sharing info on this, it has been very useful.

I am also planning to take a Online route to complete my education faster and cheaper. The Diploma7 plus MBA Top-up should cost around £ 4000 ( £ 3850 for the Top-up) and I thought the LSIB would also be the around the same. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
Hi Sara, yes, these forums are super helpful. For LSIB, my partner paid 990 pounds for level 7, and then the MBA TOP UP is around the price you have stated. We won't be going this route, though, because it will take 1 year, in which time we will both lose points for our age (10 points combined). It does not make sense for us, so he will just do level 4+5 to add to his already earned level 6 and 7, to result in a bachelors and a postgrad. It's just about finding what works best. I am 28 and my boyfriend is 30 so we need to act fast :p I'm happy to help if you have any questions!

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
hi EllaG92,

Thanks for such a great explanation. You're right, its about what works best for each one. I'm wondering if I'm taking a smart route. I am 28 and have a bacherlors already and want to get points for a Masters.I'm thinking of taking this one. I dont know about the different diplomas and its levels. and Then further need to get the Top-up. I thinking doing this one , will be simpler for me . In general, it will cost around £6,000. I guess so. Thanks for letting me know and please let me know if you have any suggestion on my route . I appreciate it .

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hi EllaG92,

Thanks for such a great explanation. You're right, its about what works best for each one. I'm wondering if I'm taking a smart route. I am 28 and have a bacherlors already and want to get points for a Masters.I'm thinking of taking this one. I dont know about the different diplomas and its levels. and Then further need to get the Top-up. I thinking doing this one , will be simpler for me . In general, it will cost around £6,000. I guess so. Thanks for letting me know and please let me know if you have any suggestion on my route . I appreciate it .
£3850 for the master's top up and around £700-800 for the diploma it is!! 6months +5 months!!

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello.

I have an online diploma from my home country and it got approved by Wes and I have ECA. However during that period, I was working abroad. How can I add the diploma in my personal history? Should I state that the activity was in my home country or in my current country of residence?
When you have an ECA why do you need to include in your personal history? It is part of your express entry profile.

Whatever is not part of your express entry profile, example work history for which you are not claiming points or education for which you are not claiming points and needs explantation in the personal history section. In your case you have an ECA, you don't need to complicate the case, one line in the LOE will be enough!!

Jeff1976

Mar 10, 2021
Thanks. But are you sure that LSIB is approved by WES because it is not coming under the Institutions List.
LSIB is approved by OTHM, UK.

OTHM is the awarding body. The course is delivered by LSIB. OTHM qualification is listed on WES Website.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
https://global.lsib.co.uk/course-details.aspx?CourseTitle=MBA+-+12+Month&subject=Business&Award=Degree
You can do a MBA in 12 to 15 months which will be surely accepted by WES as masters.
Hi Mona. I've just seen this and may consider taking this Master's at LISB if something else doesn't work out. Would you let me know if you know someone who did this LSIB MBA online degree and got a WES masters? I just want to make sure doing this master's will count for points.

Reactions: EllaG92

qbrother

Mar 27, 2022
https://global.lsib.co.uk/course-details.aspx?CourseCode=L4-DAB-OTHM&CourseTitle=Level+4+Diploma+in+Accounting+and+Business&subject=Accounting+and+Finance&Award=Diploma
You can do an Level 4 diploma (120 Credits) in 9 months which will be surely accepted by WES as a college certificate which will give you points for 2 certificates.
Hi, Mona,
I will need a few more points of CRS when my birthday passes. I have only a 4 year bachelor's degree in education and my french is close to CLB7. What degrees do you suggest I do? like 9 month college certificate? IPGCE is among my consideration.

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
Hi, Mona,
I will need a few more points of CRS when my birthday passes. I have only a 4 year bachelor's degree in education and my french is close to CLB7. What degrees do you suggest I do? like 9 month college certificate? IPGCE is among my consideration.
Hi there. Why not consider a postgraduate diploma from OTHM or other? This will count for 1 year of studies. I'm not sure what they have that pertains to you, but you could look through their courses. You will then get points for 2 qualifications.

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
I wonder if anyone can shed any light.
My partner did Level 4, 5, 6, 7 with OTHM/LSIB
WES evaluated it as 6 years altogether?? 3 years undergrad + 2 years undergrad + 1 year postgrad.
Is this a mistake? It must be? But they had all the information in front of them. Did this happen to any one else?

qbrother

Mar 27, 2022
Hi there. Why not consider a postgraduate diploma from OTHM or other? This will count for 1 year of studies. I'm not sure what they have that pertains to you, but you could look through their courses. You will then get points for 2 qualifications.
Thank you very much. I'm looking into OTHM. Is iPGCE recognised as a second certificate by WES? It is a level 7 certificate.

qbrother

Mar 27, 2022
LSIB is approved by OTHM, UK.

OTHM is the awarding body. The course is delivered by LSIB. OTHM qualification is listed on WES Website.
Hi Ella, I have found a Level 7 course, lasting only for 6 months (well it has a 9 months option) with LSIB. Will it be recognised as a PG certificate so I could get points for dual qualifications?