+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for non-thesis master

ayshel

Jul 15, 2020
Dear friends. I have prepared all my documents to send to WES. But I have a concern about my masters degree. I have gained a non-thesis masters degree from Turkey. It was a 2 semesters (1 year) program. Is it likely to be evaluated as a masters degree ? Or Does it have to be 2 years program ? P.s. on my diploma it is written: masters degree diploma. And my education history is 11+4+1

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
masters without thesis is considered as postgraduate diploma
in order to have a masters degree one must complete 180 credit hours (including thesis)

elifaktas

Jan 4, 2021
masters without thesis is considered as postgraduate diploma
in order to have a masters degree one must complete 180 credit hours (including thesis)
Thank you for your answer!

So would it be still considered as "two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees" for the CRS Tool instead of masters degree?

ayshel

Jul 15, 2020
HI,
I have the same question... Have you guys found an answer yet?
Hello Elif! Im guessing you are from Turkey. I got my non-thesis masters degree in Turkey and WES evaluated it as masters degree. And when I entered EE pool I got the points from education as masters degree and received ITA accordingly. In fact, I found out that in most countries masters are non thesis anyways :) so, don’t worry and go with it! Best of luck!

Reactions: elifaktas

ayshel

Jul 15, 2020
Hello,
Ayshel I have same question, Have you found an answer ?
Best,
Şafak
Hello Safak! Yes, WES evaluated my non-thesis masters degree diploma as “masters degree” (I studided in Turkey). Don’t worry, it’s fine. Best of luck!

akbsam

Apr 23, 2022
Hello Safak! Yes, WES evaluated my non-thesis masters degree diploma as “masters degree” (I studided in Turkey). Don’t worry, it’s fine. Best of luck!

Hi. I wanted to go through the ECA process now with WES or IQAS whichever is easiest. What will be required from me ? I did masters in turkey but I am not originally from turkey (non Turkish student). Originally from Pakistan and came for school

Should I ask my university to give me signed sealed envelope and I or they can mail it ? Or just scan documents while whole world can access Turkish education database to verify? Would appreciate any responses here, not alot of info out there on turkey