+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for MD/MBBS Degree from Indian Medical College

Shyama_arun

Apr 23, 2018
Hello

I am Dr Shyama Arun working as a Pediatrician in Kerala, India.
I have completed my MBBS Degree by 2010 and MD Pediatrics by 2015 and working in a medical college since 2015.

Support/Clarification Required :
1) I want to do Education Credential Assessment of my MBBS degree (5 yrs + 1 Yr Internship) & MD Degree(3 years) by Medical Council of Canada , so kindly let me know the process for getting ECA for both my degrees.
2) Please confirm once ECA is done, what is the next step to practice as a Pediatrician in Canada.
3) How is the point criteria for experience obtained, i am working since 2015 as Pediatrician(Currently 2.6 Years), how much Points will i get for 2.6 years experience.
4) Do i need to do WES Assessment for both my degrees too?

Request All to kindly clarify me on my above queries.

Regards
Dr Shyama

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello

I am Dr Shyama Arun working as a Pediatrician in Kerala, India.
I have completed my MBBS Degree by 2010 and MD Pediatrics by 2015 and working in a medical college since 2015.

Support/Clarification Required :
1) I want to do Education Credential Assessment of my MBBS degree (5 yrs + 1 Yr Internship) & MD Degree(3 years) by Medical Council of Canada , so kindly let me know the process for getting ECA for both my degrees.
2) Please confirm once ECA is done, what is the next step to practice as a Pediatrician in Canada.
3) How is the point criteria for experience obtained, i am working since 2015 as Pediatrician(Currently 2.6 Years), how much Points will i get for 2.6 years experience.
4) Do i need to do WES Assessment for both my degrees too?

Request All to kindly clarify me on my above queries.

Regards
Dr Shyama
Answers

1. Please read https://mcc.ca/services/repository/educational-credential-assessment/
2. For question 2, See the answer in bottom.
3. You will not get full points. For full points, you need 3+ experience.
4. For Medical degrees, you need MCC

Answer for question 2
Following formalities are there that have to be completed in Canada in order to set up a full-fledged medical practice or do any other allied medical sector jobs.

• The primary requirement for an Indian doctor in Canada is to get a valid medical license for the province, where one wishes to practice. He or she has to pass the certification exams in the concerned province through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
  • The license procedure demands a foreign doctor to go through the series of examinations and get certified based on eligibility, program selection, qualifying the exam followed by final certification.
  • The doctors have to undergo the language proficiency tests, credentialing, postgraduate training and assessment, return-of-service agreements too.
  • Study groups for the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE) Qualifying Exam Part I and Part II are provided by some immigrant-friendly organizations. Here, an Indian doctor can discuss and explore matters of medical science in Canada. Simultaneously, they can get in touch with the practicing Canadian physicians and consultants as well.
  • It is wise to contact the governing body of the medical practices in the concerned Province of Canada immediately after getting the immigrant-visa. It can give guidance regarding the formalities and fees required for licensing. The departure date can then be decided accordingly.
  • Nevertheless, an Indian doctor in Canada must be aware of the fact that getting a medical license in Canada is a complicated process and sometimes, it may take around 5-6 years. Often, this leads to extreme frustration and depression. One has to be well-equipped with ample amount of financial resources as well as courage and tenacity in order to fulfill the dreams as a doctor in Canada.
  • Selecting the correct credential assessment agency is essential too. This can be a deciding factor for the foreign doctors to be correctly evaluated based on assessment followed by timely certification. Colleges and university programs are also available for honing the medical skills in Canada.