+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Master's but not for Bachelor's

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Hi!
I am sure a lot of people have this question. I have ECA just for Master's Degree but not for Bachelor's degree(I can get one but it is a hassle). My question is, in the Express Entry Profile, do I need to point out just Master's Degree or both Master's and Bachelor's degree?

Thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi!
I am sure a lot of people have this question. I have ECA just for Master's Degree but not for Bachelor's degree(I can get one but it is a hassle). My question is, in the Express Entry Profile, do I need to point out just Master's Degree or both Master's and Bachelor's degree?

Thanks!
i think it's just what you're claiming points for so master's in this case.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi!

Thanks!
If you've read the WES website, it clearly mentions that every degree both high school. So, yes, you absolutely need to send your Bachelor's.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi!

Thanks!
You can either mention just Masters or mention both the degrees and say No to ECA for Bachelors.

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
That's not a requirement. If you have an ECA for your highest degree, that alone is also sufficient.
"For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three-year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2), you must also provide your Bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents."

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Hi!

Thanks!
BOTH. Its mandatory.No processing without bachelors degree.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
"For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three-year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2), you must also provide your Bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents."
The OP already has an ECA for their Masters degree. The case you mentioned is a special case when someone has a Masters degree with a 3 years bachelors degree and is limited to a few countries only. Its better to know the complete picture before answering any query.

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
The OP already has an ECA for their Masters degree. The case you mentioned is a special case when someone has a Masters degree with a 3 years bachelors degree and is limited to a few countries only. Its better to know the complete picture before answering any query.
Oh wow.

Oct 3, 2019
I think all are not good in this case, please everyone here doesn't speak nonsense,
The question all of you are being asked that a student he who has got both master & Bachelor degree with Diploma, which degree transcript he should send to Wes or all degrees he should send to Wes for ECA evaluation for a federal skilled worker in order to Canada PR.

Everyone is requested here to come to point ...thank u.

Friendly0102

Oct 1, 2019
I think all are not good in this case, please everyone here doesn't speak nonsense,
The question all of you are being asked that a student he who has got both master & Bachelor degree with Diploma, which degree transcript he should send to Wes or all degrees he should send to Wes for ECA evaluation for a federal skilled worker in order to Canada PR.

Everyone is requested here to come to point ...thank u.

Hi dear!
EE demands you get your completed highest degree assessed.First step is to create account with WES @ their website,WES will tell you all the documents they need you to send to them .100% of cases I know WES demand other certification and/or degree(s) you had before your highest degree.

Oct 3, 2019
Hmm .before I had Diploma & B-tech degree ,now I have master degree certificate, so please tell me which one certificate I have to send to Wes or I will send all namely Diploma ,B-tech & master?
And will it occur any problem if I send only master certificate to Wes in case of my crs score & Canada PR?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hmm .before I had Diploma & B-tech degree ,now I have master degree certificate, so please tell me which one certificate I have to send to Wes or I will send all namely Diploma ,B-tech & master?
And will it occur any problem if I send only master certificate to Wes in case of my crs score & Canada PR?
As for WES they will ask you to send certificates and transcripts for each creadential that you ask them to assess. If you only ask for Masters, they will only need Masters. If you ask for both, they will need both.

As for the PR application, it all depends upon the Canadian equivalency. If the foreign Masters degree is evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters, then the Bachelor's evaluation is not required. If the foreign Masters degree is evaluated to be something less than Masters (such as 1 year diploma, 1 year PG study etc.), then the Bachelor's evaluation will also be required (and it will have to be equivalent to Canadian Bachelors).

If you ask WES to assess both the degrees, then the Masters degree is more likely to be assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters. (particularly true in case of Indian Masters degree). If you had say a US Masters degree from a reputed university, then it would be evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters even without looking at the Bachelors.

Fafrukh

Feb 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me if we need to complete an ECA for Bachelors for PR, even if I have done my Masters in Canada?