Oct 2, 2023
AOR Received.
Oct 26, 2023
Med's Request
Nov 21, 2023
Med's Done....
Dec 02, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I'm a law graduate from Hidayatullah National Law University. I'm working at a law firm as a corporate lawyer for almost a year now. And was working as a paralegal at a law firm for two years during final two years of law school.

As per the canada immigration website, Bachelor in Law is recognized as a professional degree for their immigration program and ranking system.

I'm planning to get my ECA done. However, on trying the degree equivalency tool WES website. I realised that it does not have my university's name listed in their tool.

It shows National Law University. Mine is one of 18 NLUs in India. But specific name of my university isn't there.

Further, even if I select NLU as my university. It doesn't have an option to select integrated B.A.LLB. I could only choose Bachelors in Law for my five year integrated B.A.LLB (Hons.) Degree as equivalent of a 4 year Canadian Bachelor Degree.

On the other hand, IQAS website Indian education guide states that Integrated 5 year B.A.LLB equates to first professional university degree in law from Canada.

But IQAS has stopped accepting applications for a while.

Really confused if I should go ahead with WES or wait for IQAS to resume.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Shazuks

Jul 13, 2020
Hello there

I have a very similar query. I would be having insufficient points if my BA LLB is not equivalent to a dual or professional degree.
Please let me know if you got any information on how to go about it. Is there any other agency than wes who would treat it like professional?

arsenalfc

Aug 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm a law graduate from Hidayatullah National Law University. I'm working at a law firm as a corporate lawyer for almost a year now. And was working as a paralegal at a law firm for two years during final two years of law school.

As per the canada immigration website, Bachelor in Law is recognized as a professional degree for their immigration program and ranking system.

I'm planning to get my ECA done. However, on trying the degree equivalency tool WES website. I realised that it does not have my university's name listed in their tool.

It shows National Law University. Mine is one of 18 NLUs in India. But specific name of my university isn't there.

Further, even if I select NLU as my university. It doesn't have an option to select integrated B.A.LLB. I could only choose Bachelors in Law for my five year integrated B.A.LLB (Hons.) Degree as equivalent of a 4 year Canadian Bachelor Degree.

On the other hand, IQAS website Indian education guide states that Integrated 5 year B.A.LLB equates to first professional university degree in law from Canada.

Hi,
Did you receive a reply? Also, what agency did you go with?

Also, what was you NOC Code in the application since your education was that of a lawyer and work experience (during the last 2 years of your degree) was of a paralegal?

menazs

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I have the following educational credentials:
B.Com (3 Yrs) from Mumbai University
L.L.B (3 Yrs) from Mumbai University

Which ECA should I apply for to get a Master's Equivalency/ Professional Degree Equivalency? WES or IQAS? Please suggest in case of any other ECA website.

Note: In Covid 19 scenario, which would be a faster ECA?

Hoping for responses and your help.

Laiya

Nov 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Hey did you sort this out ? I have a 5 year degree from NLS as well.

blackswan0123

May 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

Another lawyer here from one of the NLUs - has anyone been able to figure this out? Also, would the paid internship experience gathered during the years at law school count towards full time work experience?

Thanks,

akshat2610

Sep 16, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Don't even think of going for WES. I went for WES and I got the report of Dual Bachelor's degree (4 years). In accordance to the summary of WES, I could not apply for immigration for Express Entry.

akshat2610

Sep 16, 2021
Has anyone received the report from any ECA designated organization as "Professional Degree"? I have done my 5 years integrated BBA-LLB course and now I am confused as to which ECA to choose. I had already gone for WES but the money I spent went waste as the ECA report did not reflect "Professional degree" but it reflected dual bachelor's degree

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Has anyone received the report from any ECA designated organization as "Professional Degree"? I have done my 5 years integrated BBA-LLB course and now I am confused as to which ECA to choose. I had already gone for WES but the money I spent went waste as the ECA report did not reflect "Professional degree" but it reflected dual bachelor's degree
You have to apply at IQAS. You should have searched the forums before applying.

IQAS evaluates all Indian Law degrees as Professional. WES does not.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone,

Another lawyer here from one of the NLUs - has anyone been able to figure this out? Also, would the paid internship experience gathered during the years at law school count towards full time work experience?

Thanks,
Yes, if the work experience and education are outside of Canada.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Is there any other ECA organization who will be providing professional degree? I have been trying for IQAS but I could not create an application before 8:15 am (MST)
Rarely, I have seen applicants going to other agencies except IQAS. You can search the forums to find an answer on that.

rykker

Mar 7, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2023
Doc's Request.
Nov 21, 2023
Nomination.....
Oct 2, 2023
AOR Received.
Oct 26, 2023
Med's Request
Nov 21, 2023
Med's Done....
Dec 02, 2023
Hi,
Did you receive a reply? Also, what agency did you go with?

Also, what was you NOC Code in the application since your education was that of a lawyer and work experience (during the last 2 years of your degree) was of a paralegal?
I went with IQAS and got the equivalency of a professional law degree. And I did not present that work experience during law school as I had completed work experience of three years after college.

rykker

Mar 7, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2023
Doc's Request.
Nov 21, 2023