+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Aptech credentials

meghv999

Apr 3, 2018
Hello,

I completed Diploma in Systems Management (DISM) from Aptech, Uganda. This is a course recognized by the Uganda National Council of Higher Education(UNCHE). Also, UNHCE recognizes Aptech Uganda as a Private Tertiary Institution.

Also, I did an Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (ADSE) from Aptech and then upgraded to BSc IT from Middlesex University, Mauritius.

I sent all these documents to WES for evaluation but was rejected saying they do not evaluate credentials from Aptech so they can not evaluate the DISM. Also, the degree was rejected because completing this level of study was necessary to enter the Bachelor of Science program at Middlesex University.

I tried to send emails to ICAS, CES Canada, and IQAS but they all said they do not evaluate results for professional courses which is true for most Aptech centers but the courses I did are academic courses recognized by the UNCHE.

Has anybody come across this scenario? Or does anybody have a suggestion on what I should do next?

giantpolite

Nov 30, 2018
i have currently started Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (ADSE) from Aptech.....i would like to later get a degree from Middlesex University.....any advises guys in the evaluation process??

abbasrem

Jan 17, 2019
I am also in this situation, kindly assist with the information of the body that evaluated your Top up.
I had a similar situation, 2 year ADSE from Aptech Tanzania and completed my final year Bsc IT/BIS from Middlesex Mauritius. WES, ICAS and IQAS will not evaluate since they dont recognize Aptech. I sent only my Bachelors degree certificate from Middlesex to ICES Canada and had it evaluated, they gave it an equivalency of a 4 year Canadian bachelors degree.

Tlanimass

May 29, 2019
I had a similar situation, 2 year ADSE from Aptech Tanzania and completed my final year Bsc IT/BIS from Middlesex Mauritius. WES, ICAS and IQAS will not evaluate since they dont recognize Aptech. I sent only my Bachelors degree certificate from Middlesex to ICES Canada and had it evaluated, they gave it an equivalency of a 4 year Canadian bachelors degree.
Hi, thanks for this, as my thoughts on how to handle it has been a hassle. Did you need to send your Aptech transcripts as well or the final year transcript at the uni

Kalia22

Sep 4, 2019
Hi, thanks for this, as my thoughts on how to handle it has been a hassle. Did you need to send your Aptech transcripts as well or the final year transcript at the uni
Hello, I am currently in this situation although I only got a one year exemption (first year only) and completed 2 years before I was awarded my degree from Staffordshire University, UK.

My confusion stems from the fact that WES says they do not evaluate Aptech certs but require you to provide academic records if you did a top up programme (such as a direct entry t final year).

I have sent them messages but they keep directing me to check the documents required for my country of study.

Please anyone who has been able to sort this out with WES should kindly assist. Thank you.

quangdev205

Feb 4, 2020
Hey! Yes and No.

Yes I got my evaluation done but only for the degree from Middlesex Uni not aptech.
I have the similar situation. I studied 2 year NIIT, then 2 years University. Thus, I don't know whether WES consider my bachelor or not. They just say they can evaluate my university, but they do not evaluate my NIIT. Have you got the result yet? quangdev205@gmail.com

Nomi77

Jan 15, 2020

Hello, could you please tell what documents you sent to ICES?