+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for 1 year PG Diploma course from IGNOU, India

rubylion92

Jul 9, 2019
INTRO

If someone has had a PG diploma course from IGNOU, completed in 1 year, assessed for ECA, could you please share the result/summary of their assessment? Also, please share if you were able to gain extra points with the help of this assessment under the 2 or more education credentials category.

DESCRIPTION OF DIPLOMA

To make myself clear, here's what the diploma should be:
  1. Completed in exactly/around 1 year
  2. PG Diploma
  3. Issued by IGNOU
  4. ECA report generated by WES, ICES, IQAS or any other education assessment service

WHY THIS INFORMATION IS REQUIRED

I've gone through countless posts regarding this topic and all of them are running with ambiguous replies or people spamming with their educational qualifications.

Let's try to compile a thread with clear and definite information, keeping down all the unwanted noise as much as possible.

READ BEFORE POSTING

Before you plan to add your reply to this post, here are some key things to remember:
  1. Only reply if you have, or know someone who has, a diploma as mentioned above

2. Refrain from replying (spamming) if you want to ask whether you ongoing or completed degree/diploma/certificate/mini garden/mid-life crisis/dog is valid for assessment and is going to be eligible for extra points. No one here, I repeat NO ONE, is an official from any of the education assessment service. So, if you want to bother anyone with your useless questions, just browse around other similar posts on this forum. No one will reply to your question because no one can give you a 100% correct opinion or guarantee.

Sorry for the excessive rant, but I'm just sick of people spamming other threads with questions about their personal educational qualifications.

FINAL

Now, to keep things simple, if anyone has any constructive information for the aforementioned questions, you could reply in the following constructed way:
  1. **mention your course name here**
  2. **mention the canadian equivalent education received from the report** (for ex. 1 year PG diploma, 1 semester diploma, 1 year certificate etc.)
  3. **Did it help you in gaining extra points with the 2 or more educational credentials condition?**

NOTE: The degree should strictly be a PG Diploma from IGNOU completed in 1 year.

Thank you.

cinderellab

Oct 31, 2019
already evaluated from wes
That's amazing Cadiee.
It would be really great if you could help with a few questions please. Would like to know when did you complete the course and the exact name of the course please? Also, my bachelor's was of 3 years and not 4. Would it be helpful to do this one year course?

cadiee

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
mine is related to my career... urban development and planning.. urs might be different.. rest assured all courses from ignou are valid and positively evaluated by wes. just keep in mind that minimum duration should be 1 year and total credits of all subjects should be more or equal to 32 credits.

Reactions: cinderellab

Ruchika.Datir

Mar 22, 2022
mine is related to my career... urban development and planning.. urs might be different.. rest assured all courses from ignou are valid and positively evaluated by wes. just keep in mind that minimum duration should be 1 year and total credits of all subjects should be more or equal to 32 credits.
Great to know! I too have completed a similar PG diploma from IGNOU. Will it a considered as an extra degree in CRS? And if you can help with exact points i can expect to be granted by this PG diploma

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi, My btech is recognised by WES as 4 years, If now I do 1 year diplima distance from NMIMS, Can i claim points for two or more in EE ?