+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA first or IELTS ?????

syila

Nov 18, 2015
is it better to first get Education assessment report before sitting for IELTS???? I was thinking if my education is accepted, than I will appear for IELTS score. what u think?

Also, me and ma hubby, both are BSC in Computer science and no Masters degree from Bangladesh. Will our degree will be equivalent to that of Canada? plz suggest me..... ??? ???

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syila said:
is it better to first get Education assessment report before sitting for IELTS???? I was thinking if my education is accepted, than I will appear for IELTS score. what u think?

Also, me and ma hubby, both are BSC in Computer science and no Masters degree from Bangladesh. Will our degree will be equivalent to that of Canada? plz suggest me..... ??? ???
I suggest that you should do both the processes parallely. Getting an ECA takes approximately 1.5 - 2 months and it includes getting all your documents from your university, sending those docs to Canada and then the actual evaluation process starts. In the meanwhile, you can get the dates for IELTS and give the exam after sufficient preparation. By the time your IELTS results are declared, you will also get your ECA, and immediately after that, you can create the Express Entry profile.

I am not sure about your Canadian degree equivalency, but you can go to the WES website and check the Canadian equivalency of your BSc degree.

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
ECA validity is 5 years
IELTS validity 2 years

rest ur smart

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wes asks for verification from BD Universities. So consider longer processing time than avg time of rest of the world.