+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA evaluation

addy1990

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Hello guys ,

i am in really tricky situation and need any expert guidance / suggestions.

so i have done Aptech diploma - and got admission to final year in Middlesex university and got my bachelors of science from there after studying 1 year.

Now i want to do the ECA for immigration purpose - WES or any other institute is not recognizing the diploma from Aptech however degree is fine .. but i did degree just for 1 year - and my previous years credit were transferred from aptech education.

any one experience the same ? does any one have any solutions ...

kency

Feb 26, 2018
I have the same situation but one different is my diploma got from NIIT not from Aptech, then I got Bachelor from Greenwich University after 1 year. and my question is:
When I do ECA from WES I just send my bachelor degree and transcript to WES dont need to send NIIT Diploma certificate, isn't it?
The other thing is Which point I can get from Express Entry ( 1 year from univesity or Bachelor degree) because there are different points to get.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello guys ,

i am in really tricky situation and need any expert guidance / suggestions.

so i have done Aptech diploma - and got admission to final year in Middlesex university and got my bachelors of science from there after studying 1 year.

Now i want to do the ECA for immigration purpose - WES or any other institute is not recognizing the diploma from Aptech however degree is fine .. but i did degree just for 1 year - and my previous years credit were transferred from aptech education.

any one experience the same ? does any one have any solutions ...
I have the same situation but one different is my diploma got from NIIT not from Aptech, then I got Bachelor from Greenwich University after 1 year. and my question is:
When I do ECA from WES I just send my bachelor degree and transcript to WES dont need to send NIIT Diploma certificate, isn't it?
The other thing is Which point I can get from Express Entry ( 1 year from univesity or Bachelor degree) because there are different points to get.

Your Universities have awarded you full 3 years bachelor degree based on their own criteria and it is equivalent of any regular 3 years degree in UK. Wes have nothing to do with these criterias and they will recognize your degree equivalent to Canadian 4 years bachelor degree. Wes do not want to know how and why your university awarded you 1st two years credits and allowed you to study directly in the final year. Wes will only check your transcript where it clearly says you have achieved all required credits and thats enough.

You should also send your diploma to wes for getting them evaluated separately, that may enable you to get points for "two or more certificates diplomas or degrees".

I have done hnd from edexcel then top up degree from a UK university, I have sent them both and received diploma and degree credentials separately in ECA report.

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: oxiz3n

kency

Feb 26, 2018
Your Universities have awarded you full 3 years bachelor degree based on their own criteria and it is equivalent of any regular 3 years degree in UK. Wes have nothing to do with these criterias and they will recognize your degree equivalent to Canadian 4 years bachelor degree. Wes do not want to know how and why your university awarded you 1st two years credits and allowed you to study directly in the final year. Wes will only check your transcript where it clearly says you have achieved all required credits and thats enough.

You should also send your diploma to wes for getting them evaluated separately, that may enable you to get points for "two or more certificates diplomas or degrees".

I have done hnd from edexcel then top up degree from a UK university, I have sent them both and received diploma and degree credentials separately in ECA report.

Thank you very much about your information
But after searching on this forum they said that WES won't recognise NIIT but as you said they don't care how can i got bachelor degree

addy1990

Star Member
May 30, 2016
I will send them the transcript and university degree ... so lets see what happens.. i dont care about the diploma i dont want it asssessed i know they wont accept it .. i already have 2 post graduate certificate from canada so ill use that instead but im only concerned about my degree -- thats all i really want to be evaluated .

one more question i have is ... they are asking for dates i attended from and until :

so there do i put the dates of just 1 year .. or do i put the dates of when i started diploma until the end of my degree ..

addy1990

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Also i am going to send it to Other institution the univeristy of toronto one .. for evaluation and not WES .... I am reading so many bad reviews about it ..

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thank you very much about your information
But after searching on this forum they said that WES won't recognise NIIT but as you said they don't care how can i got bachelor degree
I will send them the transcript and university degree ... so lets see what happens.. i dont care about the diploma i dont want it asssessed i know they wont accept it .. i already have 2 post graduate certificate from canada so ill use that instead but im only concerned about my degree -- thats all i really want to be evaluated .

one more question i have is ... they are asking for dates i attended from and until :

so there do i put the dates of just 1 year .. or do i put the dates of when i started diploma until the end of my degree ..
Please check your official transcript from the University, you will not see anything written regarding your diploma or that institution. You will see it mentioned only the number of credits been awarded at level 4 and 5 as prior learning or exempted credit. Your total credit would be equal to any regular bachelors degree credits. So it is doesn't matter how many years you have studied at your University.

Now regarding the question, years attended and number of years- years attended would be your actual dates attended in your University even though it will indicate only one year of education but you will to put 3 years duration in the following question about course duration because you were exempted first 2 years, that means you have fulfilled the conditions for those two years also. So your course duration would be 3 years and level of education would be bachelors degree 3 years. Finally you will have a question about level of education according to the ECA, here you need to select "bachelors degree". That's all!

Good Luck!

Reactions: kency

addy1990

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Please check your official transcript from the University, you will not see anything written regarding your diploma or that institution. You will see it mentioned only the number of credits been awarded at level 4 and 5 as prior learning or exempted credit. Your total credit would be equal to any regular bachelors degree credits. So it is doesn't matter how many years you have studied at your University.

Now regarding the question, years attended and number of years- years attended would be your actual dates attended in your University even though it will indicate only one year of education but you will to put 3 years duration in the following question about course duration because you were exempted first 2 years, that means you have fulfilled the conditions for those two years also. So your course duration would be 3 years and level of education would be bachelors degree 3 years. Finally you will have a question about level of education according to the ECA, here you need to select "bachelors degree". That's all!

Good Luck!

Thank you -

Please check your inbox - just sent you a screenshot ..

meghv999

Apr 3, 2018

This is not true. I have done ADSE from Aptech and then did the final year at Middlesex University. My WES application was rejected since they DO NOT evaluate Aptech credentials hence, there was no way for them to assess the Year 1 and Year 2 of my study. Does anybody know any other institute that evaluates Aptech?

Mission.Canada

Jan 15, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am the primary applicant of my EE profile. I have got my ECA. Just wondering do I need to get ECA for my wife as well. Or can I apply without getting ECA certificate for her education and select WES verified as NO?

Kunalphal0510

Apr 4, 2018
Hi,
I am little bit confused after seeing my ECA report. I got my ECA from WES and educational equivalencies are as follows
Diploma(two years) and Bachelor's degree (4 years)
Can anyone please help me out what should I choose for Express entry?

Shah85

Oct 10, 2018

Hello, i need a little information if you could help. My education is exactly like yours. 2 years hnd from edexcel and then 1 year top up degree (BA honors) from liverpool hope university, UK. I just want to ask what ECA did u receive from wes for your diploma and degree? "3 years bachelors degree" or "two or more certificates"? You got them evaluated seperately? As you know crs score increases with two or more certificates, so just wanted to confirm. I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello, i need a little information if you could help. My education is exactly like yours. 2 years hnd from edexcel and then 1 year top up degree (BA honors) from liverpool hope university, UK. I just want to ask what ECA did u receive from wes for your diploma and degree? "3 years bachelors degree" or "two or more certificates"? You got them evaluated seperately? As you know crs score increases with two or more certificates, so just wanted to confirm. I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
"Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees" is a term used by IRCC for those applicants who has a Bachelors Degree or a three years long certificate or diploma PLUS a minimum one year long certificate or diploma credentials. WES or any other evaluation agency does not use this term. They assess all educational credentials individually and provides Canadian equivalency for each credentials separately in the same report. For example, I have sent both my HND and Degree documents to wes according to their instructions. In my wes report, it showed Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (2 years), Bachelors Degree (Four years). Then below they have mentioned both credentials individually. I entered both credential's details and submitted, system automatically awarded me points.
You can read below threads for detail.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/page-3#post-6705585
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/

Shah85

Oct 10, 2018
"Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees" is a term used by IRCC for those applicants who has a Bachelors Degree or a three years long certificate or diploma PLUS a minimum one year long certificate or diploma credentials. WES or any other evaluation agency does not use this term. They assess all educational credentials individually and provides Canadian equivalency for each credentials separately in the same report. For example, I have sent both my HND and Degree documents to wes according to their instructions. In my wes report, it showed Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (2 years), Bachelors Degree (Four years). Then below they have mentioned both credentials individually. I entered both credential's details and submitted, system automatically awarded me points.
You can read below threads for detail.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/page-3#post-6705585
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/
Thank you for such a detailed reply. I would like to ask, if u dont mind telling, what points did u receive once you entered both credentials details (diploma plus degree equivalency), and diploma was considered as secondary high school or what?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017