+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA evaluation through WES or IQAS

Samy1304

Jun 15, 2021
Hello,

I am applying for Canada Immigration. Want to carry out with ECA. I have completed Bcom, Bachelors of Law (3 years) and Company Secretary from ICSI. Will any of my degree be considered as Masters or professional degree for ECA and by which organization ie WES or IQAS?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hello,

I am applying for Canada Immigration. Want to carry out with ECA. I have completed Bcom, Bachelors of Law (3 years) and Company Secretary from ICSI. Will any of my degree be considered as Masters or professional degree for ECA and by which organization ie WES or IQAS?
It is your discretion and your responsibility.

WES is a standard now which evaluates all credentials from recognized bodies. The other agencies will evaluate anything they are provided with.
The ECA provided to IRCC for processing goes through the IRCC's eligibility check which determines if the ECA by WES or any other agencies are accurate, WES being strictly following IRCC's measures, doesn't get a negative impact. Whereas most of the ECA's from other agencies will give you satisfied results but won't likely satisfy IRCC in passing your CRS for ECA. WES cancels the application right away if they find the credentials can't be evaluated or from unrecognized bodies and it'll be the same by IRCC. Other agencies will evaluate It and leaves the applicant for the final decision by IRCC. So the responsibility is of the applicant's.

WES may not satisfy everyone with their ECA but will be 99.9% considered accurate by IRCC. But other agencies will give the applicant the ECA they desire leaving the applicant's score a bit at risk after applying to IRCC. There has been various cases where ECA's from different agencies being considered wrong which causes immense delays and waste of time.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

Hi,

Based on WES answer, ICSI will be evaluated by WES.
It is not clear what will this be considered as though - My guess would be 2 or more degrees.
https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/indian-degree-questions-answered/

You can follow this thread for ICSI procedure to send your transcripts to WES for evaluation.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/company-secretary-from-icsi-wes-evaluation-for-express-entry.619368/

Hope this helps!