+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Evaluation.. Pl help!

Sankrit

Aug 3, 2015
HI. Can anyone help me to clarify the following?

The college from which i have taken my Engineering degree (4year) is not listed in WES list of university (UGC approved). Do I need to go with CES or other ECA evaluation board?

I have done MBA from SCDL (symbiosis center for distance learning), which is a subsidiary of symbiosis university, India. Am i eligible for my masters degree score?[flash=200,200][/flash]

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You may find it difficult to get your MBA qualifications assessed.... as the Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning is an autonomous institute.... not recognized by UGC.... no NAAC grading.... and not affiliated to the University of Pune/any university.... unlike the Symbiosis International University.

As for your engineering degree, you could try getting it assessed from CES.... if the college is/was UGC approved/affiliated to a university, etc

All the best

Bert32

Sep 16, 2013
Hello,

A little bit related to the topic, I'm a graduate of Pharmacy but didn't practice for more than 10 years. Would it affect my education assessment and application for Express Entry?.

Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

As Pharmacy is a regulated profession, you must get your qualifications assessed/ECA done by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada

You can also post your queries in the Express Entry section to get more replies.

All the best :)

Bert32

Sep 16, 2013
Hello Bryanna,

Thank you for your reply. The thing is I'm not planning to pursue Pharmacy in Canada, it just happen to be the highest education that I've completed and I'm on a different career.

Anyway I'll try to post on Express Entry. Thanks again!

Princee

Aug 10, 2015
Hi,
I have completed Bachelors & Masters degree in Biotechnology from India. WES has given me educational equivalency of a 4-year Bachelor Degree. Now what should I select in the comprehensive ranking system criteria:

Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute?
OR Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years?

Should I opt for the first option, based on the WES report? Or should I go for two/more degrees according to what I have actually studied? Even the skill transferability section has the same question. Please help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Obviously you must select the first option. WES has given you the educational equivalency of one 4 year Bachelor Degree. So this is all you can claim. It doesn't matter what you actually studied - what matters is the Canadian equivalency.

joellobo1

Aug 1, 2015
Hi All

I am applying for the ECA to WES and I am slightly confused about:
Which type of evaluation is required for Express Entry process . The WES is offering two types of evaluation :
1: WES-ICAP.
2: WES-BASIC.

I think WES-BASIC is for the immigration program. In this category there are two types of evaluations:
A: Course. by Course
B: Document by document.

Which particular type of evaluation from the above two ( a or b), should I apply for immigration purpose ?

Thanks in advance

Joel Lobo

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
joellobo1 said:
Hi All

I am applying for the ECA to WES and I am slightly confused about:
Which type of evaluation is required for Express Entry process . The WES is offering two types of evaluation :
1: WES-ICAP.
2: WES-BASIC.

I think WES-BASIC is for the immigration program. In this category there are two types of evaluations:
A: Course. by Course
B: Document by document.

Which particular type of evaluation from the above two ( a or b), should I apply for immigration purpose ?

Thanks in advance

Joel Lobo
Type WES ECA CIC in Google. Open the first link, create an account and proceed.