+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA evaluation confusion :S

sana.s

Jan 13, 2018
Hi,
I really hope someone can help me with this.

I have an MEng degree from UK, which is 3 years of Bachelors and 1 yr of Masters. IQAS evaluated it as
A four yr Bachelor(Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering and a
Graduate Diploma in the same field.

Now Graduate Diploma lies under two or more ceritificates diplomas or degrees (ECA- How to read your report). This tab is not available in the form itself while all other are there.
What should I choose?
If i just choose Bachelors degree of 3 or more years for my MEng. (ignoring graduate Diploma) will that decrease my points??

Will appreciate some help

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
If I am not wrong, you got a Master’s degree not undergraduate degree from your UK uni. I think Iqas should have made equivalency to Master’s degree instead of bachelors degree. Offcourse, there are different point system for bachelors and masters, I would recommend you to use online CRS tool to check your points on given Iqas equivalency.
Again, if your final UK degree was a Masters degree, you can contact with Iqas to tell them to change their Canadian equivalency.

And btw, WES was better for a UK degree, I myself got undergrad and post grad from UK and got assessed from WES and all got fine with me!

sana.s

Jan 13, 2018
If I am not wrong, you got a Master’s degree not undergraduate degree from your UK uni. I think Iqas should have made equivalency to Master’s degree instead of bachelors degree. Offcourse, there are different point system for bachelors and masters, I would recommend you to use online CRS tool to check your points on given Iqas equivalency.
Again, if your final UK degree was a Masters degree, you can contact with Iqas to tell them to change their Canadian equivalency.

And btw, WES was better for a UK degree, I myself got undergrad and post grad from UK and got assessed from WES and all got fine with me!
Did you get an engineering degree? How long was the bachelors and masters? My masters actually was not for a whole year but of 9 months

Last edited:

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
IQAS evaluated it as

You cannot claim having a masters degree equivalent if it was not deemed such. Since IQAS evaluates it as a bachelors + graduate diploma, you can claim 2 or more degrees, etc.

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
M

Was it a whole year? my masters was actually for 9 months. Its not cheap to get the assesment again so sorry for all the questions
Mine was from Sep to Sep, yes for the whole year. It doesn’t matter 9 months or 12 months all matter is that you received a Master degree from the university! The university certificate must say its Master isnt it? Where are you from originally?

sana.s

Jan 13, 2018
IQAS evaluated it as

You cannot claim having a masters degree equivalent if it was not deemed such. Since IQAS evaluates it as a bachelors + graduate diploma, you can claim 2 or more degrees, etc.
The options I get are
1.One yr program at uni/college
2. Two yr program at uni/college
3.Bacehlors
4.Masters
5.PHD

I choose the 1st one then for my Masters degree?

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
The options I get are
3.Bacehlors
4.Masters
5.PHD

I don’t really know if Option 1. or Option 2. would give you anywhere equivalent score of a Master degree, you should check with CRS calculator to find out new CRS score with that option. Again, Master is Master, you can try to contact IQAS and explain them you have a Master degree but you did not receive equivalent Master degree as per the degree certificate.

Hope this helps.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
The options I get are
3.Bacehlors
4.Masters
5.PHD

Are you filling out the IQAS application or EE profile?

sana.s

Jan 13, 2018
I don’t really know if Option 1. or Option 2. would give you anywhere equivalent score of a Master degree, you should check with CRS calculator to find out new CRS score with that option. Again, Master is Master, you can try to contact IQAS and explain them you have a Master degree but you did not receive equivalent Master degree as per the degree certificate.

Hope this helps.
Thanks alot. I am checking on it :)